New Start

Mena's POV

"I like that tv for the living room."

"Yeah I think it'd be nice, we'd just have to make sure it fits."

"What if we just hung it up on the wall instead? Then it can be as big as we want." I chuckled at Emily.

"I mean then we'd have to get someone to install it because we all remember what happened last time..."

"Hey in my defence those instructions came in some weird order."

"Yeah, because you read it backwards." Em rose her eyebrows at me.

"Fine, we can get someone to install it but not because I can't do if, but because I want it to be perfect."

"Yay, new tv!" She cheered. "Hey isn't that Naomi?" She pointed at her as she walked into the store.

"Uhh yeah."

"We should go say hi come on!"

"Why? I mean she's probably busy."

"Don't be silly come on." She quickly walked over to her.

"Emily I don't think we should—" Before I knew it I was in front of her. "Hi."

"Hi, guys." She responded startled. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Buying a new tv for the apartment, what about you?" Emily asked excited.

"Furniture for my brothers old apartment actually. Seems like I'm moving back here for a while."

"You are? That's great, we can hang out sometime then."

Naomi looked to the side, "Ah yeah, sure, look I've got to go get something but I'll see you around."

"Bye," I quickly grabbed Emily's arm, "Let's go get that tv, the lines looking pretty long."

"Oh gosh you're right!" Emily and I walked back over to the one we wanted, I put it in our cart and we headed to make the line.

"Hey babe I gotta use the bathroom, I'll be back in a sec."

"Okay, don't be too long though."

"I won't." I quickly walked into one of the isles and began searching for Naomi, I walked all over the store as fast as I could until I finally saw her. She stood in front of a few bed frames, "I'd say go for the black but wood looks pretty nice too."

"What do you want Mena?" She turned to me and rolled her eyes.

"I want to talk okay, I don't have much time. Look Nay about the scare, Emily stopped using her birth control and I had no idea, I—"

"I don't care Mena I just, I can't keep doing this, I won't."

"It's not a big deal Naomi."

"Yes it is, I'm not helping you cheat on your girlfriend Mena it's not right."

"Well neither is cheating on your fiancé but here we are." Naomi looked down and took in a deep breath. "I'm sorry I didn't mean that I—"

"That's not a problem anymore."

"Wait, what did you say?"

"I said it's not a problem anymore, because... Jordan and I broke up, the engagement, the wedding its all off."

"Wait are you serious?" My heart dropped.

"Of course I'm serious Mena, I couldn't lie to him forever. It's over."

For a second silence took over, "I'm really sorry Nay."

"It's fine, it was going to happen eventually."

"Is that why you're staying?"

"My parents and Nasim think it's best if I just stay here for a bit, I really don't think I'll last that much longer here but I'll give it a shot. They're giving me Josh's old apartment."

"That's good, I mean, your parents are right you should stay."

"Of course you'd say that."

"Nay come on, you can't be mad forever."

"I'm not mad Mena, I just" She sighed. "I can't talk about this right now." Naomi walked away. Suddenly I felt my phone buzz.

"Where are you I'm almost there." Emily asked on her phone.

"I'm coming, sorry I couldn't find a bathroom." I quickly hung up. "Naomi please."

"Can you just stay away from me?"

I stood in front of her to stop her from moving forward. "What do you want me do?"

"For what?"

"For us."

"I can't tell you that, Mena. You do what you want with your life, I just can't be a part of it within these circumstances I'm sorry."

Naomi turned around and walked out of the isle as I sighed. I had to get back to Emily, there was really nothing I could do but break up with her. But I couldn't do it now, it'd look so obvious of I dumped her like this and I did care about her a lot.

"Finally, this cart is so heavy." Emily groaned.

"Sorry."

"Are you okay? You seem upset."

"Nah just a bit tired that's all."

"Are you sure babe?"

"Yeah, it's fine. Let me handle this for you." I grabbed the cart and pushed it.

Naomi's POV

I drove back to the apartment after going to the grocery store to get some things. Living alone was definitely something to get used too, no more making sure Jordan got home safe or making breakfast for the both of us.

Now all I had was a very neat living room, an extremely empty closet and a whole lot of free time I didn't know how to consume.

I was kind of glad I got to design the apartment how I desired though, I got to choose my own furniture, what I wanted to hang up on walls, the color I wanted for each room, it was what I was mostly looking forward too during these next week.

As I opened the door to got into the guest bedroom, I noticed the door knob got stuck. "That's weird." It was as if it automatically locked itself. Pulling out my phone I called my father.

"Hey pumpkin, everything alright?"

"Yeah everything's fine, what about you?"

"It's all good, whats up?"

"Well I was coming in to check something on the guest bedroom and I noticed the door knob got sort of stuck, is that normal or?"

"Ohhh no, that's been broken for a while now, I can get someone to fix it for you if you'd like, might take a while though considering the holidays and all."

"That's alright, better late than never." I giggled. "Thanks dad."

"Sure thing love." I smiled and hung up.

I quickly went to rip out all of the wallpaper on the walls. If this was going to be my new start, might as well begin with a few make overs.

______________________________

New beginnings for our characters starting now!!!! Hope you all enjoy!

Vote and Comment
Twitter: eienahoughiin
Instagram: elenashoughlin