Dinner

Mena's POV

I laid in my bed using my iPhone before I actually got up and dressed. School had me so tired, at this point, I couldn't wait for graduation. As I put my phone down I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

My sister Margo came in. "Yo, get up already it's 3:30 and mom needs help cleaning the house."

"But it's Saturday mom never cleans on Saturdays?"

"Exactly, it's Saturday, don't you have a girl coming over around 6:00?"

My eyes widened as I jumped out of bed. "Oh shit, I forgot to get Naomi's gift." I quickly put on a tshirt. "Margo I need you to do me a favor."

"What is it?"

"Help mom out in the house please, I have to get Nay something and I totally forgot!"

"Seriously Mena?"

"Please I never ask you for anything!"

"Marian and I have to study this afternoon we have a huge test this week."

"You guys study like every day, please just this once!"

I noticed she rolled her eyes. "Ugh, fine."

"Yes! Thank you!"

"What is it that you're getting her anyway thats so important?"

"I don't know something pretty and sparkly I guess."

"Seriously Mena? You can't just go buy the first thing you see you have to think about her likes and dislikes. Like what is she like, is she really girly or is she more serious, what are her favorite colors? You know stuff like that."

I stopped myself from going out the door. "I mean, yeah I guess you're right. I never really thought about that." I sat on my bed as Margo sat next to me.

"So what is she like?"

"Who Naomi?"

"Yeah! What's she like that you're this stressed about a gift?"

I smiled to myself. "She's... she pretty amazing. I don't know I'd never felt like this about anyone."

"Damn, that serious?"

"A little."

"So what are you getting her then?"

"I was thinking some jewelry. I want it to mean something. Maybe like a necklace or a bracelet."

"A necklace sounds nice, you could always pull a High School Musical you know."

"A what?"

Margo rolled her eyes at me again. "You seriously wanna study theater and haven't seen High School Musical? Unbelievable. Look what you do is you get her a necklace with your initials. So like an M for Mena. And that way she's "always with you" and stuff or just get her her own name either way it works."

"Oh that's perfect!"

"Of course it is, it came from High School Musical." She giggled at me.

"You're the best Margo, thank you!" I gave her a hug and quickly got up.

"Go you don't wanna be late."