Evening Picnic

Naomi's POV

I woke up to a beautiful morning. What yesterday had been a gloomy day suddenly turned into spring-like, relatively, warm weather. I went downstairs, got some tea and ate some toast before I realized I had a thousand messages from Nasim.

"NAOMI"

"NAY"

"ANSWER"

"HOW WAS IT"

"DO I HAVE TO BEAT HIM UP?"

"Ugh you're such a sleepy head. Text me back when you wake up."

I laughed at all the messages and quickly responded.

"Sorry I didn't really check my phone last night or when I woke up. Last night was really really...just perfect. I couldn't be happier."

"WHAT?? EXPLAIN OMG"

"It's a long story BUT long story short we kissed twice and he let me keep his jacket so I could return it on our second date like whatttt?? I died"

"Omg I love it. Thank god he wasn't a creep I was worried."

"Yeah about that... did you tell him where I live?"

"Well.."

"NASIM WHAT IF HE HAS LIKE CRAZY OR SOMETHING?"

"I MEAN he wasn't! And besides kinda knew who he was the whole time..."

"You what? Are you kidding me?"

"Who do you think told him not to get your response from the locker during after school hours? Someone had to help the poor guy. Besides, you know I know everyone and everything. He's a good guy Nay, you deserve it. That AND he's new around."

"Ugh I can't believe you hid it from me..but like it's fine I guess. I hope he's a good guy, cause he may look good but he has to show it. I mean, he already did show it but for real you know. I just hope he doesn't fuck up cause I don't think I could handle it. I really do like him Nas."

"It'll be fine sis I'm watching out for you 24/7 and you know it." Right as I read that text a new one popped up and it read: "Good morning princess." My heart dropped and I could feel my face turning red. I quickly took my breakfast and ran upstairs before my mom could see me.

"NASIM HE TEXTED ME GOOD MORNING G2G TALK TO YOU LATER"

"AHHH OKAY, UPDATE ME WHEN YOU'RE DONE TALKING."

"K BYE" I responded and quickly opened up his messages.

"Goooood morning!" I replied.

"Sooo about that date. How does an afternoon picnic sound? In a quiet, not interruptable place of course. After all, it is a beautiful day!" I could feel my smile getting bigger. Was this real life? I didn't hesitate to respond.

"That sounds absolutely perfect. Should I bring anything?"

"No worries, leave it all to me. Just bring your beautiful self. Pick you up at 4pm."

"Okay! See you then and don't bring a jacket, I think there's one here that I accidentally borrowed.."

"Haha alright, see ya"

I put my phone down laid on my bed. There was this feeling in my stomach, like the one you get when you wake up on Christmas morning. Just crazy and different.

I went back downstairs to put my mug and plate in the sink and watch some tv to make the hours pass by. A few episodes of New Girl in and it was already 2pm. I turned off the tv and headed upstairs to get ready for my picnic date. I first showered, then I applied some texture spray on my hair to make my natural curls a bit more volumized. The tricky part though was my outfit.