I love you mom and dad.

I woke up to the sound of my parents murmuring in the kitchen.

"She can't keep doing this Usha, coming home because she feels like it, skipping school... I don't know what we're going to do with her. First the boy and now this."

"Chris you have to calm down, the boy thing, well it was bound to happen she's been alone for almost 3 years ever since..." my mom sighed, she could never talk about what had happened. "The point is we don't know why she's here and we can't assume the worse. If she did skip to go hang out somewhere there will be consequences but until we find out we ca—"

"Mom." I interrupted her with my raspy voice.

"Naomi, you're awake." She said startled.

"Care to explain to us why I received a call from your school today saying you were ditching?" My dad said in an angry tone.

I looked down and wiped the smudged mascara off my face. "I'm sorry Dad, it was just a bad day, I don't want to talk about it."

"Naomi Grace, you can't just ditch school because you feel like it, why can't you just be like other kids and go to the counselor when you're having an issue." My mom said, her face got red and her eyes watered from frustration. "Why can't you just be like the other kids, why can't you just talk to us?"

"Look mom I'm sorry, it won't happen again I promise."

"You better hope it doesn't because I'm tired of defending you every time you do something wrong." She said and left the kitchen.

I wiped away the obvious tears streaming down my face. "So, I'm grounded for an extra week aren't I?" I asked my dad. He stood up and looked at me.

"I'm sorry I lashed out on you, but I just don't understand Nay. Just be honest with us, its all we ask. If you need help call me. But don't be running off anymore, I'm tired, we're tired." He said in defeat. "I'm not going to add an extra week, but we can't keep excusing this type of behavior because of your past mistakes. Let this be the last one..." He said as he headed upstairs and to his room.

I sat in my living room and stared at the black tv, "I really messed up." I whispered to myself. I could hear my mom crying in her room. Part of me wanted to stay downstairs, and part of me wanted to go up and talk to her. Can talking to my parents honestly be that bad? I considered my options; I stood up and headed upstairs. Softly I knocked on their door.

"Can I come in?" I asked as my dad sat there and consoled my mom.

"Okay." She said as she sat up straight.

"Mom..." My voice broke as I said that word. Immediately I rushed over to her and hugged her. "I'm so sorry for everything, I really am, it's just hard okay. I promise I'll be better, I'm sorry for being a disappointme—" She stopped me before I could finish.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry too, you're not a disappointment. I just hate knowing you might be going through things and I can't at helping you. We just want the best for you okay." She said as she hugged me with one hand and reached out for my dad with the other. "We love you so much, sweet-heart." She planted a small kiss on my head.

"I love you guys more than anything, I really am sorry. Being a teenager just sucks." I said and chuckled a bit."

"Oh do I know...your mother and I got in a bit of trouble ourselves as kids." My dad said to me and laughed.

"No way, you guys are like saints."

"Maybe now, but back then not so much." He said making eyes at my mom.

"Guess I had to get it from someone."

"I mean, we were good kids, we just had fun, responsibly." My mom added added at the end.

"Okayyy whatever you say mom."

"The point is Nay, you have to be honest with us, if you think you can handle it, that's fine, but we've been through this once okay, we need you to at least be honest with us okay." Said mom.

"I know, I'm sorry I'm not as open, I just feel like I need to find my own way. But I will say, there is, I mean was I guess, a guy. And I don't know, I mean I thought he liked me, and I don't know really. What is it with boys?" I asked as I looked at my dad.

"I mean did you talk to the poor guy, you women are difficult okay, your mom was a handf—"

"Excuse me? I think what your father is trying to say is, you should communicate and figure it out, isn't that right Chris?" She said and gave my dad a stare.

"Sure thing."

I giggled at both of them. " I mean I didn't exactly talk to him, but he didn't talk to me either. I guess I just assumed you know..." I looked down and played with my fingers. "I should talk to him right?"

Both my parents nodded at me. "Follow your heart Nay, it's always right, as long as we get to meet him and you're happy, it's okay."

I grinned at my mom and dad, "Well actually, you kind of did meet him already, not appropriately, but you did meet him."

"The boy from yesterday? I already don't like hi—" My mom slapped my dad in the arm.

"Give the poor kid a chance, it's normal to be...hormonal at this age."

"Ew mom, gross, that's it. I'm going to go talk to him, thanks for the advice. Love you" I gave them both a kiss on the cheek and left their room.

That would've been an awkward conversation I didn't want to have. I headed over downstairs to get my iPad and write to Mena.

"Hey, today didn't feel alright...can we talk?"

My heart dropped as I read what popped up on my screen.

"I don't know, ask Nasim maybe she can tell you..."

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I'm going to kill her..."

_______________________________________________________________

Sappy kind of chapter!! Easing into the drama and keeping the suspense up for you guys. New update coming soon I promise <3

Thanks for the support!!!

Vote and Comment

tw: nayscotts