Sort it Out

Naomi's POV

It's been a week and a few days since Mena came to stay with me and I was honestly starting to get a bit desperate. As much as I wanted to go out with him I couldn't do so unless he go closure with Emily, which he was completely avoiding...

I sat on my couch with a notebook, writing to clear my mind until I heard his voice, "Earth to Nay," He waved his hand in front of me.

"Sorry, is everything okay?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing, you sort of left the world for a bit there." He chuckled, "I was actually coming to ask if you were hungry."

"Oh umm a bit but it's alright I'll just cook something up later."

"You sure?"

"Totally."

Mena nodded and stood up. "Alright well just call me if you change your mind."

"Actually, there's something I do want, I mean not want, theres something I want to ask."

"Okay ask away."

"Have you spoken to Emily lately?" I bit my lip nervously.

Mena's facial expression shifted. "Uhm not exactly, why?"

"Well because it's been a week and I'm pretty sure if I wash your jeans one more time they're going to disintegrate." He rolled his eyes. "I'm just saying, maybe try sorting things out with her, at least getting your stuff back and all... but really just get closure with her. I don't exactly like the thought of going out while your situation is still tense."

"Okay look, first Emily is whatever at this point, second that's none of your business and third, are saying what I think you're saying?"

I let out a breath. "What I'm saying is, I can't date you while you're still coping with a break up like that—"

"Like what Naomi? It's done, it's history what does that have to do with anything?"

"It has to do with the fact that you've been wearing the same outfit for 9 days and every time I mention her name you look like someone ran over your puppy."

He tried walking away, "This is ridiculou—"

"Mena no, you don't get to avoid this, it's not healthy." Grabbing his hand I pulled him closer and grabbed his face. "Look at me, I'm not doing this to bother you I just... I've been there and if I hadn't been pushed into talking to Jordan I'd probably still be a wreck. You have to talk to her Mena, sort your feelings out. For me, please."

"I just don't get what there is to sort out, my intensions, my feelings, they're all for you. Isn't that enough Nay?"

"I never said it wasn't, but you really have just go to talk to her. And then we can go on twenty dates and live together and be in a relationship, just... not with the thought of her and your feelings for her coming between us." Mena placed his hand on top of mine and squeezed it.

"Fine, but only for you."

"Thank you."

"Yeah yeah, now what do you want to eat?"

"Nothing yet."

"What do you mean?" He asked as I grabbed my keys.

"You're going to do it now."

"I'm sorry what?"

"If you don't do it now you're never doing it, now come on."

Mena groaned as he followed me out. "You're unbelievable."

I turned around to look at him. "I am one of the best things to ever happen to you sir and—" Suddenly, I felt Mena pulled me by the waist. "Umm, that's awfully close." I let out a nervous breath.

"And the only way to stop your rambling,"He said looking down to me. I quickly turned around and smiled to myself as I got in the car, "Is that okay?" He asked.

"Mhm." Nodding I licked my lips as I nervously turned on the car. "I'm just going to drive now."

Mena couldn't help but chuckle at my obviously surprised face. "Okay, you might wanna take the car off park then."

"Right, sorry." He put it on drive for me and I sped off.

Mena's POV

"Okay so you're just going to go in there and apologize and talk and get your stuff!"

"You say that like its easy." I sighed. "I'll be back soon I promise."

"Okay, well I'll be here," Naomi gave me a comforting smile. Quickly I got out of the car and took the elevator up. As I approached the door I softly knocked.

After a few long seconds I heard it unlock. "Hey... your stuff is all packed up for you." Emily said as she turned to let me in.

"Oh, thanks..." I took a pause as I looked at the bags on top of the island countertop.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah no everything's fine its just, can we talk for a second?"

"Umm sure." She sat at the stool behind her

"Okay, look. I didn't mean for all this to happen Emily, honestly, it caught me by surprise too... and I loved you I really did—"

"Please don't say that, you don't have to lie to me Mena."

"But I'm not I swear, I did love you, you made me so happy. You were the only thing in my life who brought me happiness during a really difficult time, and I'll always be grateful to you for that. But this... I can't ignore this Em. I'm really really sorry but it just, wouldn't be fair to either of us if I kept this relationship going."

Emily wiped a tear from her eye and stood up. "It's fine It's whatever. Can you just take your things and—"

Walking closer to Emily I pulled her into my embrace. "I'm so sorry, despite what you might think it hurts on my end too." I softly placed a kiss on her forehead. "Thank you for everything Em."

Letting go I grabbed my bags and quickly ran downstairs. I easily spotted Naomi's car, opening the back door I threw my stuff in and got in. "All set?"

I smiled at her, "All set,"

"Okay, good."

"And Nay!"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you..." I gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. "For everything." Naomi's cheeks flushed as she nodded and then sped away.

____________________________

Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Vote and Comment
Love you guys <3
tw: eienahoughiin
insta: elenashoughlin