Moment

Mena's POV

"Oh this is the best part it's—" I shut up as I realized Naomi had fallen asleep on me. Gently I caressed her arm. "Nay..." She didn't wake up. "Well I guess that's about it for tonight." Shutting off the tv I got out from under her and tucked her in before I gave a her a kiss on the forehead. "Goodnight Princess." I said to her and finally went to my room and went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of something shattering. Quickly I ran out to the kitchen. "Sorry, did I wake you?" Naomi stood in front of a broken cup.

"Umm just a bit. Are you okay?" I grabbed the broom.

"Yeah no I'm fine it just sort if slipped. I'm sorry," she pressed her teeth together. "Are you hungry?"

"A little."

Suddenly I heard the toaster ding. "Avocado toast?" She smiled awkwardly at me.

"Sure." I chuckled as I cleaned up. Naomi quickly got plates and everything out to prepare me for breakfast.

"So, I guess you're off the hook."

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't exactly finish the movie therefore I couldn't have liked it that much, so you're off the hook."

"Oh for our date you mean?"

"I mean yeah that was the deal wasn't it?"

"Funny of you to think a deal like that would dictate your chances of me taking you out somewhere." Naomi's cheeks turned bright red.

"Oh." She bit her lip.

"Oh what?"

"Oh as in... oh good to know." We both sat down and quietly ate our breakfast. Naomi finished up pretty fast, she put her plate on the sink and ran into her room. After washing some dishes and cleaning up a bit in the kitchen I decided to see what she was up too. I walked up to her door and gently knocked, "Come in."

"What are you doing?" She sat with a book between her legs.

"Just reading a bit,"

"Ahhh you're still nerdy."

"Hey I'm not nerdy."

"Yeah you are you're reading on break, for fun."

"Reading is fun and it helps me relax."

"Relax how? That book looks bigger than a bible. Just looking at it stresses me out."

"I don't know it just does."

"Whatever you say," I went to sit next to her. "I see you went with the black bed frame. Nice pick."

"Yeah well some guy said I should go for black so I figured I'd take his advice."

"Really? Must be some smart guy." I smiled at her.

Naomi bit her lip as she looked back at me, "Yeah maybe." She shrugged her shoulders.

"You know your eyes are like this perfect shade of brown, it's pretty easy to get lost in them from time to time." Nay smiled nervously.

"Ahh thanks." I said as she looked down time to shut her book and stand up.

"Why do you do that?"

"Why do I do what?"

"Avoid every moment where theres a spark."

"I don't avoid every moment—"

"Yes you do, its like... you don't want this."

"I don't it's just, I—I get nervous sometimes..."