On One Knee

Mena's POV

"So, are you sure It's okay that I'm here with you?" Emily asked me nervously as we walked into the restaurant.

"I mean you're either with me or I'm not staying so..."

"No, I don't want you to miss out on an opportunity to see your friends because of me."

"It's going to be alright relax," I looked up to see Will and Nasim sitting at our table.

"You made it!" Nasim stood up.

"My man, it's been a while." Will shook my hand.

"It has hasn't it? It's incredible to see both of you." They both smiled at Emily who stood behind me. "Oh sorry, Will this is Em and Nasim, I'm sure you remember from school."

"Oh I remember alright. You've got awesome hair." Nasim smiled."

"Thank you, It's really nice to see you Nasim." Emily said nervously as she reached for my hand.

"Likewise." She sat down.

"So... where is she?"

"Should be here soon, she said she was running a bit late." Nasim looked up. "Oh wait look I think that's them right there.

Immediately I felt my stomach turn in to knots. All of us stood up as we waited for them to come through the door. As it opened up, first came in her parents, next came Josh and lastly came her. "There she is." I said taking in a deep breath. She looked absolutely stunning, her hair cut short, like when we first met. She didn't look like a teenager though, she looked like a woman. We all walked over to greet them but before she came inside I noticed she turned to the side extending her hand. Nasim and I looked at each other confused as her hand latched on to someone elses.

Inside, came Naomi holding Jordan's hand. I felt myself fall into shock as they approached us. "Hey guys!" She smiled at us, until her eyes landed on Em.

Nasim threw herself at Naomi, hugging her tightly. "I missed you so much, you look so good, how are you?"

"I'm good, I'm really good. We're really good." She turned to Jordan. "How you doing Will? Still hitting it hard with basketball I see, nice job mate."

Will chuckled, "I'm doing good, it's nice to see you Nay." Naomi smiled and slowly walked up to me.

"Hey," She said nervously.

"Hi, it's nice to see you."

"You too, and you." She said to Emily. "I don't believe we've been properly introduced." She turned her head.

"Emily, nice to meet you."

"You too, I'm sorry I'm just confused why are you—"

"She's with me, I mean I'm with her, I mean— we're together."

"Oh, well that's new."

"Not really it's been a while."

"Oh well I mean that's great— I mean, congratulations." Naomi stuttered.

"Thank you."

"Yeah no of course, actually that's kind of why we came back." Everybody turned to look at her. "Come on let's all sit down for a second " We all sat at our table as Naomi stood to speak. "I'm not gonna lie and say it was my idea, he's got all the credit. We were speaking a few weeks ago about how amazing it is to spend the holidays with our families and I'd kind of been missing you all just a bit too much so Jordan actually, surprised me with tickets to come back and spend christmas with you all! And it was perfect timing actually because, Jordan and I, if it wasn't obvious, are together and we've been together for a while now and I just wanted to finally share it with you all because you're my family and I love you all so much, I love him so much and we're, very very happy." She said as she smiled dearly at him.