About Time

Mena's POV

"So you're like a thing thing now, huh?" Will asked as he went to sip on his smoothie.

"I mean, yeah, I'm really happy man. She's... all I ever wanted."

"I'm glad to hear that. But if you don't mind me asking, how did things end up with Emily?"

I sighed. "Could've been better. I don't know I guess I should've just done things differently."

"You think?" Will raised his eyebrows at me.
Shrugging my shoulders I went to sit down. "So, is it for real this time?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like for the two of you, is this it?"

"I mean, I hope it is." My eyes turned to Naomi who was checking out some clothes with Nasim inside a store. "I love her man. I can't explain it exactly, but I don't know how I did it without her for so long."

"Well, then that's good because I was kinda hoping you'd be my best man." I turned to Will in shock.

"Best man? As in..."

"Yeah man, check it out." He pulled out a tiny box from his pocket.

"That's great Will, congratulations. When are you popping the question?"

"Sometime soon I hope, I was hoping we could have dinner maybe Friday, I want you guys to be there."

"We will! And I do." I laughed.

"I do what?"

"I do accept to be your best man."

"Ahh thanks bro." He took in a deep breath as he smiled. "This is crazy, we're old."

"We are."

"So, what about you? You're set in stone from what I hear."

"I don't know I gotta give her time. Naomi likes to wait things out a bit."

"She didn't wait Jordan out!"

"I know but... I guess we know we want it we just haven't exactly talked about it. Besides, she's dealing with school and all."

"Yeah, so are we, it's not like ya'll don't act married. You live together."

"Yeah and we sleep in separate rooms."

"Awww come on, still? I thought ya'll were done with that since that lunch we had. It's been weeks."

Pressing my lips together I put my drink go the side. "It's whatever."

"Nah you gotta do something about that. You're both adults Mena, you guys had more action going on when we were in school."

"You're right, weirdly enough. But I mean it's fine we really just haven't had the time."

"Boy there is always time, just find it. Trust me, if she isn't hungry for it now she'll be hungry for it soon."

"That's another thing, I don't know if shes on the pill again or not."

"She's not? But I thought both Nas and her were on it since high school."

"They were, she was but she things it makes her... it's stupid its whatever. The point is, we don't want kids now,"

"Okay, so use protection."

"Protection for what?" Nasim said to Will as her and Nay approached us.

"Uhhh the sun, because UV rays, right Nay?"

"What rays? It's january in toronto..." Naomi turned to me confused.

"Ray's because climate change and temperature changes duh!" Will widened his eyes at me.

"Yup, exactly climate change... anyways, did you guys find anything?"

"Nope, we're going to topshop now."

"Damn ya'll still ain't done?" Will groaned. Nasim raised his eyebrows at him.

"You can both stay here and continue talking about sunlight or whatever," I noticed the girls laugh as they walked away.

"Sun light? Is that the best you had?"

"Sorry." Will scrunched his nose.

"Look the point is, I want it as much as the next guy but I want to be with her more and if that means no sex for a month or two I'm fine."

"Whatever you say man, but just know your buddies down there are not going to be fine."

"Okay that's it enough about my balls. Let's see what these girls are up too." Will and I headed to top and looked into the store through the window. As usual, Naomi stayed looking at the sweaters and tracksuits while Nasim looked at the dresses and tiny shirts. Both of us walked in. "So I see you've found the hoodies section." I chuckled.

"Ehh they're all right,"

"Alright? I thought you wanted a few new ones."

"I do but I'm just not feeling these." Naomi sighed. "I wanna go home already, I'm exhausted."

"Is someone a little grumpy and tired?" I mimicked a baby voice.

"I'm not grumpy, I'm just done with the shopping for today."

"Fine fine, go pay up then I'll tell Will we're leaving."

"You're the best, thank you!" She tiptoed and gave me a peck.

Walking back to Will I shrugged my shoulders, "She's pooped. We're heading home already."

"Already? Damn Nasim's gonna have me here all night. Can't believe you're leaving me."

"Sorry, my lady wants to go." I responded as I felt someone touch my back. "All set?"

"All set. I'll see you later Will."

"Bye Nay, and you,  you owe me one." Will fist bumped me and we headed out.

Nay and I both hopped in the car and headed back home.

"Ah that feels just right," Naomi said as she dropped her bags on the floor and threw herself on the couch. Standing in front of her I smiled. "Come here cuddle me," she extended her arms.

Quickly I went to sit with her. Nay got up and sat on my lap, resting her head on my neck. "So now I gotta cradle you?"

"Not all the time, I just wanted to feel you."

"Feel me?"

"You're always so warm and you smell good, it's comforting." She giggled. "Unless, you don't like it..." I scrunched my eyebrows at Naomi, "Because I could always just sit like this... and do this."

Naomi got up and sat again to where she was facing me, softly she kissed my neck. I couldn't help but throw my head back in pleasure, "That's uhm," I let out breath before she grabbed my face with her hand and begun kissing me roughly. I pulled back.

"What's wrong?"

"Are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well because you've been so hesitant..."

"Love bug I haven't been hesitant in a while... I thought you didn't want too either."

"What— me? Why?"

"Well because you're never kissy or anything anymore."

"That's because I thought you didn't wanna sleep together yet."

Nay pressed her lips together. "Well then, communication is key." She raised an eyebrow at me. "And I," She gave me a peck. "Want to communicate to you, I'm so ready."

"Again, are you sure?" I asked caressing her leg with my hand.

"Mhm..."

"Well then, it was about time."

_______________________

Vote and Comment
Instagram: elenashoughlin
Twitter: eienahoughiin