Vows

Naomi's POV

I woke up to an empty bed this morning. Confused I grabbed my phone, Mena usually let me know when he went out, but this time,
nothing. As I sat up I could feel myself getting nauseated. "Can you two please cool it already?" I sighed looking down at my belly. After running to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and walked out to the kitchen. Mena had left me breakfast along with a note.

"Won't be home all day, busy. Enjoy your breakfast, lunch is in the fridge and dinner is on me.

Love you princess.

Ps. Be ready by 5, Nasim's picking you up. Can't wait to be husband and wife."

Smiling, I sat down to eat breakfast. Surprisingly I was starving. I guess I sort of missed Mena's cooking? If that was even possible because it was nothing I was craving. At all!

After a while, I laid around the apartment. Although it was hard not to be bored. Then I remembered... our vows. I don't know if Mena had gotten down to writing them, but I did, I had for years.

When I first got to London, I wrote the song. I even recorded it, but not long after that, Jordan and I started dating and it just became an old file in my computer. At the time I don't think I realized what any of my words meant. Yet, as time went by I could feel myself going back to it and giving meaning to the words I was saying. I guess even then I knew he was the one.

Connecting my computer to my speaker I played it as I got ready, over and over. I took a quick shower, straightened my hair, did light makeup and slipped on a white dress. After all I was still getting married. Taking a glance at the mirror I sighed to myself. Mena was right, I did wish the circumstances were different. I think after all I'd been through it was only fair they were but ultimately life just didn't work like that. Putting my hand on my stomach I smiled, "Mommy and daddy are going to be together forever you guys, it's official." I giggled.

Suddenly I heard my phone buzz on my bathroom counter. It was Nasim. Quickly I picked up the phone and put it on speaker. "Hey, what's up?"

"What do you mean what's up my best friends getting married and someone sent me to pick her up. Now come on baby momma your man is waiting." She shouted.

"Alright alright I'm going. Let me just grab my stuff and I'll meet you downstairs."

Quickly I grabbed everything and ran down. Throughout the entire car ride Nasim and I just jammed to old songs reminiscing to our teen years. As she parked her car I let out a small sigh.

"I know you wish they were here Nay,"

"It's alright I guess, I just expected more from them..."

"I know... but you know what? This is your day and there are 0 pouty faces allowed so come on." She squeezed my hand before she reached for the door handle.

"Wait Nas!"

"What?"

"What if I'm not ready?"

"Naomi, I've seen you not be ready for stuff, trust me, you're so ready." I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. "Hey, you're fine Nay."

"I know I just need a minute."

"Well make it quick cause we're starting soon." Nasim laughed.

"No I mean it I feel sick." I pressed my lips together. Now wasn't the time.

"Are you serious? Ugh, I'll get a bag hold on."
Nas quickly handed me a bag she had thrown in the back of her car. It seriously felt like I threw up my intestines. Quickly she also handed me some gum.