Scream

Mena's POV

My eyes opened to Naomi tapping on my arm in a still pitch black. "Babe,"

"What's going on? Are you okay?" I quickly sat up.

"I'm fine I'm just hungry and I really really want a vanilla milkshake."

"Now? It's 4am Nay,"

"Please Mena!" She begged, "Baby really wants it."

Yawning I let out a breath, "I'll be right back,"

"Yay, thanks babes."

I got up and walked to the kitchen to make Naomi her milkshake. This pregnancy thing was kind of wild, how do you just crave things all the time? Quickly I put all the stuff in the blender and go it all ready for Nay.

Walking back to the room I noticed the bed was empty. "Nay?"

"I'm here, sorry, I had to pee really bad." She ran out of the bathroom.

"Here,"

"You're the best, I love you." Sitting down she sipped on her milkshake as she scrolled through her phone. "Why don't you sleep, I can take this back to the kitchen."

"Sleep kinda got away."

"I'm sorry,"

"It's alright, early bird takes the worm right?"

"I guess..." I let out a breath, "So... you wanna do something now?"

"I mean it's almost five in the morning but sure whats on your mind?" Putting my cup down I went to lay down on Mena's chest and grabbed his hand, "Well first play with my hair,"

He chuckled, "Alright and?"

"And... let's talk about names. Like what if its a boy, what if its a girl, do we want a second name or just a first. Stuff like that."

"Okay fair enough. Well, if it's a boy I've always liked the name Noah,"

"Really?"

"Yeah I don't know why but I always thought if I have a son that's what I would name it."

"I like Noah, Noah's good."

Mena smiled looking down at me, "Okay so what if it's a girl?"

"Hmm if I have a little girl... I like Mia."

"Mia's pretty but it's really short, how about a second name?"

"I'd consider it, what's on your mind?"

"I mean I don't know, we could always just give her yours."

"Grace?" I scrunched my nose, "I guess it would work but I don't know..."

"Okay so what would you pick?"

"I'd pick...Rose"

"Mia Rose Massoud Scott? I think i like it."

"Why'd you add my last name?"

"I mean you're carrying her, might as well."

I couldn't help but smile to myself, "You're amazing Mena Massoud."

"Nah, that's all you, Princess."

Looking up at him I squinted my eyes, "Are you really not tired?"

"Honestly I'm not, which is weird but it's alright I guess."

"So do you wanna do anything else?" I sat up.

"Like...?"

"Like..." Softly I sat on top of Mena and began to kiss his neck, "Like that,"

"Do you want too?"

"I mean, yeah," I bit my lip, "I've wanted too for a while but I'm afraid to hurt the baby."

"I mean it's just a google search away,"

"I know but what if google isn't right?"

Mena rolled his eyes playfully as he flipped us over, "Then I guess it'll be an intense makeout session then," He grinned at me.

Grabbing his face I went to kiss him roughly. I could feel his hands caressing my legs and inner thighs. Mena slowly lifted my shirt up and kissed my stomach inch by inch. I could feel my body trembling as he massaged my inner thighs. I don't know if it was the fact that we hadn't had done anything in weeks or the pregnancy itself but everything felt so much better than it did before. One thing was clear though, if I didn't say anything we'd go too far, "Mena, wait." I said between breathes.

"What is it?" He continued kissing my neck.

"I can't do this right now,"

"What do you mean?"

"I just can't okay, just stop."

"Why, it's fine we're just—" Suddenly my emotions went from desiring him to feeling scared, terrified even. It was so strange but something just didn't feel right.

"Jesus christ, get off of me!" I pushed him off.

"Wow, okay, fine." Mena jumped back scared. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just, not in the mood anymore."

"Oh, okay. Uhm—did I do something?"

"I don't want to ruin this Mena, I'm done ruining things... this has to work." I said as my voice trembled.

Mena softly pulled me into his embrace, "Hey relax it's okay, you're not ruining anything." He let out a breath, "Why don't we make an appointment to get you checked out and we'll ask all our questions?"

"Okay..."

"Okay, we'll do that then. It's fine, Nay." Mena embraced me tightly, "Just sleep for now okay?"

Quickly I cuddled up to him and felt myself drift off into sleep.

Mena's POV

I laid awake until the sun rose watching Naomi as she slept. What happened to her didn't make sense to me, she turned so tense for a second. And yeah sometimes her anxiety does get the best of her but this was different yet I couldn't put my finger on it.

Grabbing my phone I checked the time, "8:30" I whispered to myself. Softly I laid her head on my pillow as I got up and headed to the kitchen. I brewed some tea, prepped her pills and breakfast so that everything was set for what she woke up.

After a while I decided to sit on the couch and relax for a bit. A few hours went by, it was already 11 which was pretty usual from Nay. Ever since she got pregnant she slept a bit more.

It was a normal morning, or so I thought. That's when I heard a scream coming from our bedroom, a scream unlike any other I'd heard before; my heart dropped and my legs trembled as the words echo'd into the living room.

"Mena! Help!"