We Both

Naomi's POV

I woke up to Mena putting his hand on my forehead. "Hey, you feeling better?"

"Mhm,"

"We should probably get you checked out in case you caught the flu or something babe."

I quickly sat up, "No, no doctors."

"Nay come on, you're not telling me you've still got that fear of them."

"It's not a fear Mena I just don't like them and I'm not going anywhere."

"You don't have too I called one to come here."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"What? What is it?"

"I know this was 3 years ago but maybe just maybe you could think to the past and remember how things ended the last time you pressured me to do something I didn't want to do."

"Naomi you're sick, theres nothing wrong with that, you just have to get checked out that's all."

"I don't want anyone to check me out for anything, like I said I'm fine."

"Well you didn't seem fine, you've been moody for days and suddenly today in the car you can't even look at me. What's gotten into you?" Mena snapped at me.

Taking in a deep breath and I closed my eyes. "Can you just please leave me alone right now?"

"And you know what, it's impossible to forget everything that happened three years ago because it seems like history keeps repeating itself and I'm sick of it. One minute you're fine, the next you're angry at me. I don't know what you want from me anymore, it's exhausting Nay."

"I said just leave me alone!"

"Fine by me, I'm done fighting Naomi. I'm done guessing, this is on you now." Mena grabbed his jacket and stormed out of the room.

For a second I took in the silence of the room, trying to prevent myself from crying but it was impossible. Mena was right, I couldn't even deal with myself anymore. Everything felt so difficult, so intensified.

The more and more I thought about it, the more it became clearer, I couldn't do this.
I wasn't ready and by the looks of it I didn't think Mena was either.

Walking into my closet I grabbed one of the tests I took and looked at myself in the mirror before I started crying again. Quickly I looked for my phone and dialled Nasim again.

"Hey, did you tell him?" I waited a few seconds until I figured out what to say. "Nay, is everything okay?"

"I can't do this Nasim, he's not ready, I'm not ready."

"Naomi you've gotta relax, where is Mena right now?"

"I don't know,"

"I'm on my way." She hung up the call. Sitting in my closet I stared at the test for about half an hour until I heard footsteps approach me. "Nay? Oh honey." She lowered herself and gave me a hug. "It's all going to be alright baby I promise."

"I'm so scared,"

"Who else knows?"

"No one I couldn't even tell my mom."

"Okay..." Nasim looked down and bit her lip, "Look I can't believe I'm about to say this but, if you don't want it... I can take you to, you know. If you want,"

"Should I?" She shrugged her shoulders at me. "I've waiting so long for this moment, but I just... I wasn't ready for it now."

"Well, we can also just get you checked out and you take it from there. I mean you have to go in either way so, just go in for a check up."