Ray

Mena's POV

Walking up to Nina's driveway and went to knock on the door.

"Hey I'm here!" I texted her.

"Shoot I'm ready in five I promise. I'll tell my brother to open the door for you."

"Alright."

I stood there and waited. Suddenly I heard the door unlock. Quickly I fixed my hair and tugged on my shirt as the door opened. My legs trembled at the sight of the person in front of me.

"You! What the hell are you doing here?"

Before I could respond I saw Nina coming down the stairs. "I'm here, I'm here. Sorry for the wait, I see you've met my step brother, Ray..."

"We already know each other." He snapped at me. "You could say we had a...close encounter."

"Oh well even better, everyone knows everybody. Shall we go then?" Nina walked and stood next to me.

I nodded in response since I couldn't believe what had just happened. I was dating the step-sister of the guy who raped Nay. The guy I almost killed a month ago. How was he even there, how had nobody seen him? I kept walking in silence, until Nina interrupted my thoughts.

"Everything okay? You seem... quiet."

"I'm fine I just...he's your brother?"

"Step-brother, from my dads marriage before he married my mom."

"And he's the guy—"

"The guy of your ex- girlfriends scandal...yup."

I opened the door for her as we went in to the restaurant. "Table for two please." I said to the lady and looked back at Nina. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"What? About Ray?"

"Yeah about Ray."

"Well for one, I didn't know who your ex was and second I didn't think it mattered when I found out who she was." We walked up to the table and sat down.

"Okay I get that but did you not think I'd have a problem with that?"

"You're not even together Mena what should it matter."

"It should matter because he—"

"He didn't, she was a little slut to begin with so don't put the blame on him."

I rolled my eyes at her. "You seriously cannot be this blind Nina. Your brother almost killed her. That girls life was shattered into pieces."

"So what it's not my fault."

I suddenly came to terms with everything as I sat on my chair. "Oh my god I can't believe I was so stupid.. You knew who I was all this time, you only did it to get back at Naomi didn't you?" I stood up from my chair.

Nina's face turned pale. "Mena don't walk away from me. Look I knew who you were and everything but I did like you." She yelled as she came after me.

Opening the door I ran outside. "You liked me and you used me to get back a helpless girl because of your stupid brother?"

"He's not stupid and it's not all his fault."

"Did he tell you that?"

Nina crossed her arms as she rolled her eyes at me. "You're literally walking away from me because of her?" She hissed. "I can't believe this, you really are a dick."

I could feel my anger levels rising as I formed my fist. I needed to calm down or else I was going to explode. I turned back to look at Nina. "This is so over. Do me a favor and don't ever talk to me again." I quickly turned back and kept walking. All I could do now was fear that Ray was going to hurt Naomi again. I walked in circles all over town contemplating what I should do. To me, the answer was obvious.