Therapy

Naomi's POV

I sighed as I put my seatbelt on. "What's with that face?" My mom asked.

"What face?"

"Come on Naomi you know what face. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, no it's fine. I'm just tired I guess." I took in a breath. "So where are we going?" My mom didn't respond. "Mom? Where are we going?"

"Your father and I talked and we feel you should talk about your feelings and we know you won't do that with us..."

"Oh you've got to be kidding me. I don't need to go to therapy mom. I'm not 15 anymore."

"Honey it's for your own good."

"How is it for my own good if you're forcing me to do something I don't want to do?" I shouted at my mom.

"Naomi Grace do not use that tone with me. Our decision is final whether you like it or not." My mom parked and sighed. "Honey you have to understand we want the best for you plea—"

"Whatever mom... I'll see you in the afternoon." I slammed the door and went inside.

"Hi yes, may I have your name?" A blonde lady greeted me.

"Naomi Scott."

"Oh yes, we'll be right with you in just a few minutes. Please have a seat." I nodded and sat myself down. After waiting for a couple of minutes I was taken into the office.

"Hey Naomi! How are you doing, today?"

"Alright I guess, can we just please get this over with already?"

"Ahh your mom mentioned that you've had a bit of a temper lately and that you were over sleeping in the mornings? Do you find yourself more anxious lately?"

"I don't know, I guess.

"Do you think that has to do with the fact, you know who is close?"

"I— I don't know..." I sighed. "I just, I'm not a child anymore. People think that if bad things happen I'll just automatically break."

"Will you, break?"

"No, of course not."

"And why can't you talk about the way you feel with others?"

"Because! Well because I just don't like too." I crossed at my arms.

"Does it frustrate that you keep everything inside? That you can't share certain things with a significant other perhaps?" I looked the other way. "Ahhh so there is a significant other. How are things with him?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Good."

"You seemed a bit hesitant there... anything bothering you?" I didn't answer. "Look Naomi, I know you don't want to be here so I'll make you a deal. You tell me about this special person, your likes, your dislikes. The good, the bad and the ugly and if you so please afterwards I'll let you go. Does that sound good?" I sighed and nodded yes. "Alright... so tell me about them.

"Well his name is Mena, we've been on and off for the last month and a half or so."

"And are you very fond of this Mena?" I nodded once more. "Fond enough that say, you're comfortably intimate with him?" I looked back at her, "You know whatever you tell me stays here. It is your right as my patient to withhold anything that you desire from your parents as long as it isn't affecting your health."

I took a breath, "Yeah..."

"Okay, that's good that you're comfortable. Are you two happy?"

"I mean yeah."