Chapter 8

Riley's P.O.V

After the dinner with Shane and his parents I ran upstairs and slam the door shut.I walk to the bathroom, took out my blade and cut my arm. I promise myself I wouldn't do this anymore but I thought I was finish with this shit . I thought I was to start a new.  I started crying after releasing the pain everyone's cost me .Shane's   statement frightened me because I taught he was my friend .I wonder how Marcus would feel if he knew what exactly I went through. 

             My vision blurred and my head felt dizzy .The last thing I heard was hearing my name before darkness took over. 

                            *****

"Riley,Riley" I heard my name being called.I opened my eyes too see Marcus looking at me .

"Riley thank goodness you're awake."

Awake ? What happened ? I looked at him blankly when I notice that he wasn't the only person in my room. Emily and Shane stood beside him.  Shane . That's when it hit me Shane reminded me and I was cutting my self and I must of blacked out . But I haven't blacked out before when I use to cut frequently .

"What happened? " Emily  asked looking at the blood on my arm.

"Uh uh...." Was I managed to say before darkness took over again.

            *********

Shane's P.O.V

Exactly after dinner Riley ran upstairs and slam  her door shut.Marcus looked at me confused and asks " What's wrong with Riles ?"

"I don't kn-" my answer was cut off by a loud screech and a thud.Marcus bolted upstairs to Riley's room .He  froze at the bathroom door .I looked in front of him and my heart starts to beat . There was blood on the sink and on Riley's arm .I called Emily over .

We took Riley to the hospital . All this while nobody talked. 

      Now I felt guilty that maybe its my fault .Maybe what I said earlier scared her .

The doctor says she lost alot of blood and she barely eats food.When I look at her arm I see scars upon scars  Her arm look awful.No wonder she covers it up . I hadn't notice I was crying until I felt my cheeks wet. 

The thing I don't understand is that she's always smiling so I really want to know whats beneath the smile.