birthdays

The next few weeks flew by quickly. Rose was able to spend more time with her friends, and they finally stopped jumping anytime Rose came into the room, thinking that it was a ghost. Unfortunately, Draco, Blaise and Theo hadn't contacted Rose at all, even though multiple other people from Hogwarts had.

Rose spent most of her time watching everyone playing quidditch. She still strongly disliked the game, so no one forced her to play. Instead, Rose watched them play and wrote letters to the inhabitants of Grimmauld Place. It was Harry's birthday before she saw any of them.

"Peanut! Joey!" Rose said happily as her parents walked into the Burrow, Remus not far behind them.

"She hasn't seen us in weeks but she goes straight for the babies," Sirius scoffed, but he handed Rose a very happy Arabella.

"How are you?" Marlene asked as she hugged her daughter.

"I'm good," Rose told her mum. Marlene smiled as Rose grabbed Sebastian too, holding both of the twins at the same time.

"Sirius! Marlene!" Harry gasped as he came down the steps. He gave Sirius a quick hug before grabbing Sebastian from Rose, as the baby was reaching for him. Marlene ruffled Harry's hair as he gave her a hug too. Rose then gave Remus the biggest hug she could while also holding a baby.

"What am I? Chopped liver?" Remus scoffed, fake annoyance clear in his voice. Harry blushed slightly, but gave Remus a small hug as well.

"Oh, there you are!" Mrs. Weasley said happily as she entered the room. "We're eating in the backyard, so make your way out there."

"Got it, Molly. Thanks," Sirius said. Mrs. Weasley went back into the kitchen as Rose and Harry led all the adults into the backyard. The teens all rushed over to say hi to the adults and meet the twins. It was a good five minutes before they dispersed.

"So...how is everyone else?" Rose whispered as she bounced Arabella on her knee.

"They're good. That reminds me," Sirius said as he turned to Harry. "Can you get your invisibility cloak?"

"Sure," Harry said, confusion clear in his voice. He handed Sebastian to Marlene and then went to his room.

"What's that about?" Rose asked. Sirius smirked and nodded his head to the edge of the yard, where a large stag was standing.

"No!" Rose gasped.

"Yes!" Sirius said.

"We need the cloak for Lily," Marlene explained as James, still in stag form, made his was to Rose.

"Bloody hell!" Ron yelled as the stag walked past him. Harry returned with his cloak, but he stood frozen when he saw the stag.

"Am I imagining things?" Harry asked.

"Nope," Sirius said before transforming into dog form. The twins both started laughing and clapping when the dog and the stag started play fighting.

"Is that-?" Harry asked. Rose nodded and Harry started beaming as he ran down the steps to where the stag was. The dog and stag stopped playing as the stag let Harry pet it.

"What is going on?" Mrs. Weasley shrieked as she entered the backyard.

"This random stag just walked up," Marlene said, fighting back a smile. "He seems really nice."

"Pretty small antlers, though. Very disappointing," Sirius said as he turned back into a human. He stumbled forward when the stag nudged him with his very large antlers.

"We have to make it leave!" Mrs. Weasley gasped. Tillie made her way out of the house and sniffed the stag before falling over at its feet, purring loudly.