windows

Rose didn't say anything else. After her proclamation, Sirius had asked her to come inside and she did. He led her to her room and she immediately went to her bed to lay down, not even looking around. She stared at the wall as Sirius pulled the blankets over her and she didn't even blink when he told her that he was going downstairs.

"Tell me again what she said," Dumbledore demanded. Sirius had told Remus and Marlene what Rose had told them and they quickly called Dumbledore. All of the Order members who were in the house were gathered in the kitchen.

"She said that if she had been able to heal that someone would be alive. She didn't say who," Sirius repeated, his voice shaky.

"Do we know of anyone who went missing? Muggle or wizard?" Remus asked.

"There's a muggle man who hasn't been seen in 2 weeks. I don't remember his name, but I can look," Tonks whispered, her pink hair looking flat and dull.

"My daughter isn't a killer," Marlene spoke up, her voice sounding broken and angry.

"We know she isn't but Lucius Malfoy is. He's a known Death Eater," Dumbledore said. Marlene nodded but buried her face into Sirius' shoulder.

"Tonks, find out more about that muggle man. Everyone else, make sure that Rose is healthy and happy. We need her to tell us what happened," Dumbledore ordered. He sent a knowing look to Sirius, Marlene and Remus, telling them to figure out why she didn't heal.

"Got it," Tonks said before standing up. She tripped over a lamp as she walked over to the front door. She sent a sheepish smile to the group as a portrait started screaming. Mrs. Weasley waved her away and Tonks quickly exited the house, separating away as soon as she could, Mad-Eye following her.

"I got it," Sirius sighed. Marlene lifted her head from his shoulder as he stood up, Remus following him. They almost had the portrait closed when soft footsteps came down the steps.

"Hey, Rosie. Did you take a nap?" Sirius asked softly. Marlene quickly scrambled out of her chair when she heard her daughter's name. She practically ran into Sirius, who sent her a look.

Rose just shook her head no. Remus let out a grunt as he slammed the drapes covering the screaming portrait closed. Rose sent the portrait a confused look.

"Oh, that's my dear mother. We can't get rid of the portrait and she loves to scream," Sirius explained. Rose shaped her mouth into an 'o'. The adults shared a confused look at her lack of talking.

"Umm...are you hungry?" Marlene asked. Rose quickly nodded her head and wrapped an arm around her stomach. "Ok, well, what would you like?"

Rose shrugged but didn't reply.

"Ok, well, let's go see what's in the kitchen," Remus said. Rose nodded and followed as the adults entered the kitchen.

"Oh, Rose! Good to see you! The kids are in their rooms hanging out and Mr. Weasley and I will be leaving in about an hour to get Hermione," Mrs. Weasley said. Rose nodded gratefully at her, but didn't say anything. Mrs. Weasley sent a confused look to her parents, who just shrugged helplessly.

"Look and see what food we have," Sirius said, gently pushing Rose's shoulder. Rose nodded and started opening random cabinets, ignoring the worried looks from all the adults in the room. She smiled brightly when she saw homemade chocolate chip cookies. She grabbed 5 and turned to go back to her room.

"Would you like me to show you where the rest of the kids are?" Mrs. Weasley offered. Rose quickly shook her head no.

"Why not? They've been worried," Sirius said. Rose just shrugged and left the kitchen and started climbing up the steps. Ginny stuck her head out of a door.