BakixKengan part 14

Disclaimer: I don't own any anime, movies, music, or games.

Erioh frowned as he watched the arena below. His experience as a fighter and assassin told him that something wasn't right in this fight. The next was Russell Redgrave, after converting the gold the amount was equivalent to  ¥5,773,344,924.  His mind just couldn't wrap around the fact that a fighter like the young man could have that much money, let alone working with a company on the brink of bankruptcy. Even more no one even knew where the money came. So where did he get this much gold, and what was his goal in joining this fight? Reputation? Vengeance? There had to be some motive for him to be in this tournament. 

After some digging, his clan found some clues but not enough they only knew the name 'Russell Redgrave' was a false identity and he existed from the 'inside.' Was he a spy? The Purgatory couldn't have sent him, he was drawing too much attention, or was that his plan so they wouldn't suspect them? Still, he was a horrible spy, to risk himself getting caught for the sake of his employer... Erioh rubbed his eyes as he got a headache from just thinking about the brat. 

Back in the Arena, the crowd was all excited from the next match but still shaken by the event. Suoh had asked what happened after regaining consciousness and according to Dr. Hanafusa there was an earthquake and she passed out. However, while she was grateful for the doctor for healing her friend and looking after her, she knew he was lying and he was making it obvious.

So she went to Kazuo and his fighter Ohma and asked the truth. She wished she hadn't. "How could one person emit such presence..." She muttered in disbelief. Ohma had said it wasn't an earthquake, merely an aura of a powerful fighter 'shaking' the building.  She couldn't believe it, but she did. Such aura struck if normal people, they would collapse only fighters with strong willpower could stay up.

"I hope nothing bad happens..." she thought. 

On another side of the stadium was Russell, wearing a black shirt while standing in front of a Vending machine. "So Ru-kun after you finish this fight, where will you go?"  Blaire asked. The power of the gamer was amazing. She felt she could do anything, but she felt like she was lost. 

Russell blinked before chuckling. "Good question, it's funny, you think someone like me having this kind of power would go cruising around... yet I'm still here." He said while giving Blaire a can of drink.  

"I'll figure it out... I need to check something, you go ahead." He then took his own drink and walked away.  

Blaire blinked before drinking her can. There was no way she mistook that aura when she sensed it. "Ru-kun..." She thought before shaking her head away. Russell had displayed no signs of madness so it still safe to assume that he wasn't a kishin but what could have to change his aura like that.

Russell finished drinking his soda can before throwing it away and stopping. "In three, two, one..." He thought before throwing a back kick and felt something collide. His MUI flared and leaped his body to a safer position as a fist narrowly missed him. 

"Well now, I'm not surprised to see you again on such a short notice but you really need something to keep that killing intent from exposing you." Russell joked while looking at Yujiro, who was grinning. 

"Show it to me, boy. Your Niko style."  Yujiro ordered while getting into his signature stance. He was done waiting. The boy was too interesting to ignore now. "Oh... shit." Russell thought as he gets to his fighting style. Both emitted their aura as the two watched each other carefully. Russell already used Observe Thousand Imagery to get the man's rhythm and had come up with strategies. 

Yujiro had no problems when his opponent is using their full potential. So far Russell's victories only counted whenever he used any of his Devil and Soul arms but he didn't want to kill Yujiro, not yet at least according to his Observe Thousand Imagery