Getting Back To Normal

I'm so happy everything is finally getting back to normal. We're finally moving in the right direction and we're going home later today from Texas Children's Hospital, after a long unexpected stay and another small procedure. Cayden had to get a tracheotomy done in order to better live a normal life without having to come here as often.

We are still learning the ins and outs of him having it done but it seems pretty easy to manage and apparently he'll get sick less often because of the trach. Mike and I got all our stuff together to get ready to go home. It's going to be a long flight home but it's worth it being we still have our little boy.

Brendon and Sarah have been watching our other kids while we've been with Cayden here and it hurts but we're finally all going to be back at home together. Just a few more hours before we're home.

————————————Brendon———————————
I'm so happy that my sister is finally coming home with Cayden. He's had already such a tough life and him having to go to Texas every time something comes up and we live in Los Angeles, it's hard for us to keep going there without the airlift from our local hospital to the hospital in Texas.

Hunter, Noah, Paisley, Presley, Greyson, Cayden, Carmen and Analiese deserve to all be together. They FaceTimed everyday thankfully and got to talk with their mom and dad and their brother. Hunter, Noah, and Greyson miss their little brother so much and are wanting to play with him again. I don't know how that'll be but I'm sure they'll figure it out that they can't be rough with him because of the trachea because we'll have to worry about it staying in and not coming out. It's how he's still breathing, and most importantly still living. From what we heard, he'll be able to stay off the ventilator, that we have being brought here to our house from Texas, for about 15 minutes a time, two or three times a day. It sucks we have to keep him on it for majority of the day, but it's not us suffering, it's him but we want to make his life better, no matter how it is.

(Y/N), Mike, and Cayden got back home around 6 pm and when they did, we were all waiting outside for them, minus Sarah, she was cleaning up the house to make sure everything was spotless for Cayden to be back in it. I had a joint ready for my sister, and she saw it immediately and got it from me. She's been craving it since they went to Texas, and now that they're home, she wants to be able to smoke as much as she can. Mike is finally okay with it and smoking sometimes with us, he finally chilled out with it.

"You good sis?" I asked her.

"Yeah, now that I have my family all back together and this calming me down." She whispered, before a nasty cough followed it. "It's definitely been a while." She laughed.

"Mama." I heard Cayden say. His voice is so quiet, just like his moms.

"What's wrong baby boy?" She asked him. He pointed to the house and Mike took him in. "Thanks baby." She told him and finished smoking the joint.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You need it. That's all you could think about on the drive home." Mike told her, smiling. "I'm going put him down for a nap and show Sarah a little bit on how to set up the vent so at least one of them know how to do it." He said, smiling at his little boy.

————————————Mike———————————

I smiled at my son as my wife was finally able to calm down. She's been the most stressed throughout this entire thing and she deserves to be able to calm down a little bit before jumping back into it.

Cayden looked up at me and sighed. "I know buddy. I'll also get you fed before I start the vent." I whispered, closing the door behind me.

Hunter and Noah followed me to his room and lightly attached themselves onto my legs. "Hi my boys. Are y'all happy we're finally back home?" I asked them.

"Yeah daddy. How's Cayden?" Hunter asked.

"Momma and me have to explain everything later tonight." I told them, sighing.

"Can Simon come in the house and into Cayden's room? He missed him a lot daddy." Noah mentioned.

"Unfortunately, not right now bud. We'll bring him inside but he can't come in Cayden's room anymore. Cayden has more machines coming home and have to be set up in a clean environment." I told them, once I had Cayden down on his bed. "Come on, lets go in the living room and catch up boys." I told them, kissing their heads.

I walked back to the front after grabbing the baby monitor and I let Simon run into the house. He nearly plowed me down. "I missed you too buddy." I told Simon, scratching behind his ears.

I picked up Paisley and Presley and sat them on my lap once I was on the couch. "I missed being home with y'all." I whispered, kissing their heads. They held on to me tightly and Sarah walked out of the kitchen to come see what was going on.

"Mike, your home!" She exclaimed. "Is (Y/N) outside still with B?" She asked and I nodded. She sat by me and gave me a hug before she went outside.

It feels so nice to be home and relax for once known we have everyone here that needs to be here.