Not Part of the Story but still important

Quick Little Reminder here, this is based slightly on my real life for the next couple of parts. My nephew, who just turned two on the 31st of May, has this same condition that Cayden has, Brendon's sisters new little baby boy. They obviously had appointments made to check on my nephew and had his bladder drained every few days, and he is now full of scars from shunts and the multiple pokes of needles to help him drain out his urine. I know it sounds gross, but it what was done and he is now a happy two year old and he's about to get a kidney to replace his from his father, which I'm so happy about because he is a very happy baby boy. Some of the events that will occur later on will involve real names, I'll put asterisks (*) by them and possibly bold them if I have time to do it and not forget. I wanted this to take a dramatic turn with the situation with Cayden, and some may not like it because it is hard to think about a baby not surviving because of a rare condition, but it also goes to show how tough parents are to watch their child go through it and if the child has a younger or older sibling how strong the sibling has to be to know and understand that the child needs more attention than they do. But it also goes to show how strong the baby is to withstand everything at such a young age having to take dialysis, feedings directly through a tube to the stomach, and many more obstacles that will be mentioned through here, showing what it is like for families who have children with the LUTO condition.

Lower urinary tract obstructions (LUTO), also known as obstructive uropathy, are rare birth defects that occur in 1 in 5,000 to 7,000 births, commonly in male fetuses. The underlying cause is a partial or complete obstruction of the urethra, the tube that connects the bladder to the amniotic fluid space around the fetus. This obstruction restricts or prevents the passage of urine. Urinary tract obstructions come in a variety of forms.

The form that Cayden, and my nephew will share in common will be bolded below.

Urethral atresia (UA) — a complete obstruction of the urethra
Posterior urethral valves (PUV) —  a flap of tissue blocking the urethra
Triad syndrome —  a constricted narrowing in the mid-portion of the urethra which results in a highly restricted ability for the urine to pass.

Luckily my nephew has had many surgeries to get it to where he could properly urinate and it was and still is closely monitored by his parents, but it took many many months to get to that point for him and he was just able to come home a few days before he turned one year old.

If you want to also know, you have to also hold their little bag that has all their equipment for feedings if you ever hold them, and it is a lot when you actually think of it, you have a pack on your back with machinery that is connected to the child and you have to hold up the child at the same time. I'm going to insert the picture I have from when I was at his birthday party a few weeks ago here to show how it is holding him and how it'll be for Cayden in most instances once he's older.

You can kind of see the bag on my shoulder and it is harder to hold him when he is able to move around on his own and you are trying your best to keep him still so you can get a picture of him

You can kind of see the bag on my shoulder and it is harder to hold him when he is able to move around on his own and you are trying your best to keep him still so you can get a picture of him. You can also see how it is an extra weight by how I am standing. My knees nearly buckled under due to the extra weight on my shoulder along side him.

It will be more of a workout with Cayden than (Y/N) and Mike expected, same with Brendon.

Anyway, this is just to show that I will be taking more time to properly put the right information down too and how the journey goes will be almost similar to the one my nephew went down and there might be a sneak of some of you guys as friends of my sister who are visiting her while my nephew has the surgery because I had decided to make this around the time my nephew is having his actual surgery. Only way to see is to keep reading and comment if you would like to be in it because I do want to interact with the people who got it to where this book is currently because I am very grateful for y'all.

I highly recommend you watch the video in the header. It's explaining some stuff LUTO babies go through, his being on the tougher end of the spectrum.