Explaining to Mike

After everything was inside, I finally turned my phone back on. It seemed like Brendon finally gave up on calling me. Mike made me and him some coffee with a little shot of whiskey in it and I smiled. He came sit by me and pulled me close to him. 

"What happened love?" He asked, running his fingers through my hair.

"Brendon kicked me out of the house. He thought we didn't get back until nearly six this morning." I sighed. 

"But we texted him when we got back that you were way to sleepy to drive home. It was three in the morning!" He exclaimed.

"He didn't read any of the texts because we were supposed to have a late night jam session in the cave and drink while writing songs together again. Then after I'm assuming maybe two, he just stood in front of the door waiting for me to get back and since I didn't walk in until a little after seven, he was pissed." I told him. 

"What did Sarah say?" He asked.

"Sarah set him straight, but I'm tired of the immature bullshit he throws at me all the time. I took off the keys to their house that I had and left." I whispered. 

"Well, you are certainly welcomed to stay here. I'm happy to have you here." He smiled. 

"I'm glad." I smiled and kissed his cheek. 

We finished our coffees and he held me to his chest the whole time. He caught the blanket on the back of the couch and covered us and we stayed in watching movies until noon, because that's when the caffeine wore off and we fell asleep while watching 'The Parent Trap'. I paused it before I fell asleep fully, curling up in Mike's side. 

"Let's go to my room love. We'll both be more comfortable there." He mumbled, kissing the top of my head. I nodded and he slowly got up while holding me. 

He carried me to his room and carefully placed me in the middle of the bed while he got in on the left side. He quickly covered us up and pulled me closer to him, and that's when someone knocked on the door. He laughed gruffly and got up. "I'll go check it, and if it's your brother, what do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Slam the goddamn door in his face." I laughed.