Mom and Dad... Yikes

Brendon walked into the kitchen again and grabbed him a beer and offered one to our dad. He accepted it and they went in the back to talk. Our mom has always been the pushy kind of woman, always pushing Sarah to initiate getting more intimate with Brendon to try to get pregnant. I feel bad for her all the time because that's all my mom sees to claim a marriage successful, in which it's not.

She even tried to push that on me too, to try to get someone to love, but Brendon would refuse anyone. He's so protective over me, he acts like our dad when it comes to that part of me growing up.

"Mom, please stop. They are going through enough right now, and Brendon acts like a child. Sarah even said that before. They don't need a child when one of them still acts like a child himself. It wouldn't be fair to her." I told her, trying to defend her.

"You can't say much either young lady. You aren't even in a relationship yet with anyone." She started again.

"Maybe because every time I try to get someone, Brendon doesn't approve. I go through my brother before I go through you and dad because I know that if Brendon and Sarah approve of him, you two would approve too." I told her, my face flooding with rage.

Sarah pulled me to her to calm me down and luckily it worked. I got me a beer and a shot of Brendon's freezer bound Kentucky whiskey and walked outside.

The boys were discussing the same thing and B was yelling at dad to try to get him to understand that he protects me from guys he knows he wouldn't like his sister to date and bring home to him.

Brendon motioned for me to come over to him and I did. He pulled me into a hug and sighed. "She loves being here with me and Sarah. You two aren't taking her back. She helps a lot around here and she helps me with my music processes. Hell, she even helped cover my ass when we were in the UK and she was hurt at all the shows but she still made the shows run smoothly because she knows how to play every instrument that we use and knows every chord, beat, lyric, everything. I'm not giving up my sister to a hell hole, so I'm certainly not giving up my sister to go back to a religion she's not comfortable in like we were forced to live in when we were growing up."  Brendon told our dad. 

"Why do you want to take me back to the house I hated being in when I was younger? I love it here in California living with my brother and his wife. I get to experience things I never would have been able to experience if I never took up the offer to live with him." I told my dad, Beebo pulling me closer to him. 

"Because you can't show yourself living with him. Your mother and I will give you two months before we take you back, but in those two months, you have to make a name for yourself or find someone to be with romantically." Boyd told me.

"Fuck off dad. I'm happy here." I told him, getting angry again like I did with mom.

Brendon rubbed my shoulder and sighed. "Please dad. This is the closest we've ever been. I don't want to lose that relationship with my sister!" He yelled again. 

"If you two were as close as you say you two are, you would be allowing her to date someone Brendon." Our dad told us. 

"Not if I don't like them. I rather save her the heartbreak." He hissed. "Get out of my motherfucking house. You and mom aren't welcomed here." Brendon said, holding me close to him, almost a death grip.

"Two months. We will be coming back. They have nothing stopping us from coming back to get our daughter." Boyd said, feeling confident that I won't file for a restraining order against my own parents.

Brendon looked down at me and I knew he would help me file the restraining order and a protective order. I'm happy I have him as a brother. 

"Go in the music cave and I'll make sure mom and dad leave. I'll meet you in there so we can write a little bit." Brendon smiled at me. I nodded and walked there. 

"Bring me a beer when you come back." I told him.

"Can and will do." He said, closing the glass sliding door.