Recovery 💚

-----------------------------------------------------------Nicole-------------------------------------------------------

We all just got word from Brendon and (Y/N) that Cayden's surgery was a complete success! As they were booking up his new kidney, he started to urinate according to the doctor's updates. I'm so happy for Cayden, he is a little miracle baby and I know Mike loves his little boy. We're all at their house, and Mike started cutting flips through the house when we received that update from them.

When Mike came back in the family room, he immediately called (Y/N) so he could see Cayden and her. He connected his phone to the TV so we could all see them, and she immediately started fuming, seeing me here. She's still very self conscious after what happened during the tour.

"Babe, everyone is here. We were all waiting together to get updates on Cayden." Mike told her, trying to calm her.

She looked to Sarah and Sarah nodded, which made her calm down. "Okay. He's not back yet, but they're about to bring him back in here. B and I are anxiously waiting to see him, mainly me." She told us and we all heard the door open. "He's back now." She smiled, handing her phone to Brendon.

"Hey guys!" He said happily to see all of us. "It might take a little bit. They have to get him hooked back up to machines to check on him and stuff." He told us, flipping the camera.

"Awe Cayden!" Mike whispered, hating seeing his little boy in pain right now.

"Cayden isn't in much pain, just under baby Tylenol to keep the pain down." The doctor told us, making me so happy. He's such a fighter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so happy that my little boy is finally out of surgery. He has a kidney that is so happy in his body and he's so happy and in minimal pain, which is a bit odd. Brendon had to donate his, Mike's kidney was taken absolutely way too soon, which ultimately sucks because now if something happens, which I hope nothing does, he still has matches, but three left, unlike four if the kidney wasn't taken so soon from Mike.

"Should we tell Mike sis?" Brendon asked me once the doctors were out the room.

"Tell me what?" Mike asked.

I glared at Mike and sighed. "The kidney you donated was taken too soon and they used it in another patient who was also a match to you. B donated one of his and is already released." I told them.

"Why did they take it that early then?! They said it would be fine!" Mike yelled, scaring Cayden and all the other kids.

"I'm not sure, but our son still has a second chance and so does another little two year old Mike. I talked to his parents and they are so grateful about it. They're little boy is now so happy and doing amazing, and they're hoping and praying Cayden does well too." I told him, after calming Cayden, Carmen and Analiese from crying.

"I hope so because up until the surgery B was drinking so much liquor it's ridiculous. The kidney probably has twenty five percent function and he'll need another surgery to get him a healthier kidney once he's older." Mike growled.

"The kidney worked immediately after booking up the lines to go to it. That rarely happens. They wouldn't have fully connected it if it didn't start helping the body within five minuets of it being connected and he's still peeing like crazy. Doctors and nurses have already changed his diaper four times since he's been out of surgery." I told him, getting angry myself.

"So I went through a surgery and horrible pain for another kid I'll never meet, when I did it to help my fucking son. That's not right or fair!" Mike yelled again.