Touring with a Sickly Baby

I can't believe that we're doing this. We are literally traveling on a tour with Cayden when he's close to his transplant surgery. Mike and I are hoping he doesn't get sick while we're out but P!ATD fans have been patiently waiting for this to happen and I'm not going to stop them.

Mike had the kidney removed from his body three weeks ago and he's healing pretty well, but Brendon already told him, he isn't performing the first two weeks of the tour so he can heal more and he's not aching in pain when they get off stage. Mike was devastated about it but he knows B means well and that I'll be taking his place for the time being. He's been in pain and I don't like seeing him suffer and have a smile on his face while he's performing if I can help it.

"Sis, how is Mike doing and how are you getting with practicing the music?" Brendon asked me.

"He's in pain right now and while I'm doing well with it since I helped you write it all, I'm taking care of my husband while he's recovering from a major surgery." I told him.

"How long has he been in pain again?" Brendon asked.

"For the last few days, and he's refusing to take medicine for it to reside. I try to get him to take it but he refuses each time." I sighed.

"He's stubborn, and he always has been sis." He told me. "How's Cayden? I know this has been a bit more stressful on you and I'm sure he can sense it." He said, rubbing his face.

"Cayden's fine, happy as all can be, I'm just worried with how it'll be doing dialysis on the road. He has nightly dialysis B. How is that supposed to work?" I asked him.

"We're getting your bus fixed to have a spot for him to do his dialysis every night and for it to be out of the way when he's not doing it." Brendon told me, rubbing my arm.

"I wish we could roam the roads together all in one bus but I know it isn't possible anymore with all our kids." I giggled.

"Hey, when we started, we started and had our kids at the same time nearly." He laughed. "Even though I wanted you and Mike to wait, I'm happy y'all did your own thing and our kids can almost grow up as siblings together like we did." He smiled.

"You almost killed Mike two times when I got pregnant. You didn't mind about Cayden, but Hunter and Noah, and Paisley, Presley, and Greyson, you wanted Mike out of the picture." I told him.

"I regret that now. You two make incredibly adorable babies." He smiled at me.

I smiled and nodded, happily thinking of all my little ones. "You and Sarah made cute babies too now." I told him, poking his stomach.

"That was her doing." He smiled.

I sighed as Hunter and Noah ran into the family room. "Mommy!" They both yelled.

"What's wrong buddies? Monster after y'all again?" I asked them. Ever since Mike's surgery, he plays monster with them since he's hunched over most of the time when he doesn't take his medicine.

"Yes mommy! Make monster stop!!" They yelled, crying.

"Okay, I'll get monster to stop, but you two have to behave so monster will stop." I told them, kissing their heads. I can't believe they are nearly six and a half years old and they still believe Mike is a monster. Time flew by with them, and I wish they were babies again. "Stay with uncle Brendon so I can go confront this monster." I told them, getting up.

I walked to Mike and I's room and I giggled, seeing him on our bed, watching TV while he has an ice pack on the incision they made. "Hey babe." He smiled.

"Don't start. You need to take your medicine if you want to perform once we're out two weeks, also because Hunter and Noah are terrified of you and I can't have six kids strapped to me at all times." I told him.

"But the medicine doesn't work!" He exclaimed.

"Because you stopped taking it!" I told him. "It won't work if you don't keep taking it when you're supposed to!" I yelled.

"Fine, but if it doesn't work, we need to see what else I can take in place of it." Mike sighed.

"Okay, but take it longer than two days this time." I told him, handing him a pain pill from the bottle I have on my side table for him. "Now rest baby. I don't like seeing you in pain." I told him.

He blew a kiss to me as I left the room and I giggled.

I walked back to the family room to see Brendon and my boys asleep. I smiled at them and quietly fell asleep by them. I'm exhausted from all the work I've been doing checking on everyone in my family. A mom's work is never done, but I learned how to enjoy the little moments where I can relax with my family when it's on the brink of uncertain destruction with a tour, a surgery, and still guiding a happy and healthy life.