Helping Cayden and Meeting the Prejean Family

* names of real people

-----------------------------------------------------------Brendon------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe this had to happen to my newest nephew. He's such a warrior and such a brave newborn. He's stronger already than I would ever be, and his mom and dad combined too.

We got to Houston around midnight and they had to drain his bladder again when we got to the hospital. I feel so bad for him and my sister having to hold him still while the stick him with needles to release the pressure on his body. I can tell she is holding back tears while they do it because he flinches so much because he's so young and so fragile because he's not even twelve hours old yet, better yet six hours old yet even.

They quickly got my sister in a room with Cayden and we stayed with her so we could make sure they were settled and the nurses would call us if something would happen with them. I stayed in the room with them and let Mike go to the hotel with Sarah and the kids. I want to make sure my sister is okay after that. I get Mike should be here because it is his son, but I'm not leaving my sister like that. I was her family first, and I'm not leaving her stranded.

I have to call management in the morning and tell them the upsetting news. I won't be going out on tour until I know my sister is doing better and so is my nephew. I'll still put out singles and hopefully videos for them and albums if I can, but my family is so much more important to me than music.

Throughout the rest of the night, nurses walked in and out of the room to drain Cayden's bladder so he could rest properly. I absolutely feel like this is my fault. If I wouldn't have started planning the tour when we did, Cayden would have been seen about more than he was and he probably could have had it corrected while he was still in my sister.

I couldn't sleep. I let my sister sleep and I watched over Cayden for her. He has to be fed by the feeding tubes, so he's getting fed now, he has oxygen running, his face is taped up and he has so many wires going all over his body.

I walked out when he was asleep and went to the child play center and saw a little girl and her dad in there. I smiled and walked in. The little girl looked up and sighed. I brushed it off and the dad came over to me after telling her he would be back.

"Hey man, I'm sorry about that. We're waiting on my wife to come back. She's checking on our son during his kidney transplant. It's been stressful waiting and she's a bit on edge." The man said.

"No problem. I just got here with my sister around midnight. Her son is a LUTO baby, and I'm so worried about her because she is so upset about it." I told him.

"My son Eli*, the one who's having surgery, is a LUTO baby too. I understand what's going on. I'm Ross* by the way." He told me.

"The Prejeans*?" I asked him.

"Yes, we are the Prejeans*. I'm assuming you heard of our journey already." He told me, smiling slightly.

"Yeah, I was looking up stories and your sons journey came up and I let my sister watch it. I had no clue you would be here too." I smiled.

"In the morning, do you want me and Lacey* to stop by with Ana* at your sisters room? We could probably shed some light on the situation she's about to face with her son." He said.

"If y'all are up to it. Let me give you my number and you could text me. I want to also know how Eli* is doing." I told him.

"Sure. What's your name by the way?" He asked.

"Don't say anything too loud, but I'm Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco." I told him, sighing.

"My sister in law loves your band. She's coming over tomorrow from Louisiana to check on us." He told me. Just great.

"Please don't tell her anything. I don't want to get this confused as a meetup type thing. I'm here to be with my sister." I told him.

He nodded and smiled. "Your secret is safe with me." He smiled, shaking my hand.