Loss of a family member

-----------------------------------------------------------Mike----------------------------------------------------------

I got the devastating news earlier from (Y/N) being home while we continue the tour that my father passed away. My father was everything for me, and I couldn't be there for him in his last moments. (Y/N) went in my place to be there for my mother and allow my father to know how much he meant to me. All I ever wanted was for myself to be like him in raising my kids.

He had the last opportunity to feel his newest granddaughters move around in her belly as he passed. I ran off the stage when I heard the news come out in my inner ears from Zack. I couldn't believe it. I sat in the back and Brendon literally ran off after me, stopping the concert. I don't think he heard the news because he had his out. High Hopes, what can you expect from him.

I normally wouldn't run off, but that broke me so much

I normally wouldn't run off, but that broke me so much. I sat crying on the couch and he squatted in front of me. "Man, what happened? Why did you run off?" He asked.

"Zack came on through the staticky noise of the inners and told me that (Y/N) just got the news from my mom that my dad passed away." I told him and he rubbed my knee.

"I'm so sorry man. If you want, you can sit the rest of the show out and I'll take over your spot and have Nicole step it up with back vocals if you want." Brendon told me.

"No, you don't have to worry about that. I'm gonna come back out. We only have seven songs left, and tonight is our last show until after Cayden's surgery. I don't want to put such a huge burden on you like that." I told him, getting some water to splash in my face.

"You can sit out if you want Mike, don't feel pressured to perform after hearing that. I have to talk to Zack about news giving during a show though. That was totally uncalled for." He told me, trying to make me laugh. It didn't work.

"I'll be fine. Just let's get home as soon as possible. I need to be there for my mom." I told him. "My mom is all I have left and it kills me I'm not there now." I whispered.

"Stay back here man. We'll be good. Relax and clear your head." He told me, rubbing my shoulder.

He walked out and grabbed my fenderbilly from by the door and left me in the room. I turned the monitor on so I can survey the rest of the show and I sighed. I should be out there performing, but I can't even get my head straight. I pulled my phone out my pocket and saw she texted me too.

"I'm sorry baby. I know this should be told to you in person, but your father passed away right after I left the room he's in. I'm still with your mom, but she's a wreck. Call me when you get to the bus. Your mom needs you asap." She texted, and I nodded to myself. I called her and I sighed as she let the phone ring out.

"Damnit babe." I whispered, sighing again.

She called me back quickly and I answered it and she was a little shocked that I wasn't on stage. "Why aren't you performing? Y'all aren't done yet." She told me.

"I ran off. Zack told me and I couldn't finish it out. Brendon ran off after me and he's taking over the rest of it in my place. Are you still with my mom?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I am. I'll be here for a while. Sarah will be picking y'all up when y'all land and bring you guys here." She told me.

"Thank you for staying with her. I really don't deserve you." I told her.

"I'm not going to leave my mother-in-law by herself after that happened, especially when her son is nowhere around. That wouldn't be right of me." She told me, rubbing her belly a little bit.

"Did my sister find out?" I asked.

"I called her and had your mom tell her. She didn't care too much though. She just said okay and hung up." She told me and my blood boiled. That's our dad, the only reason she's here in a way besides our mom and she just blows it off like it's some sort of joke. I hate that my sister is like that sometimes.

"I can't believe her. She probably doesn't believe it's true or she doesn't want to believe it." I told her. "I don't want to believe it, but I know it was coming. I wish it didn't have to though." I sighed, tears starting to well in the corners of my eyes.

I'm not sure what to do anymore.