Bonding Time With Brock

It sucks having to quarantine after having my family meet their brother in the hospital, which they allowed us to do, for five days to ensure we aren't sick before going home. Today is day two of this... but in other news, Brock is two days old. Being able to spend quiet quality time with him means everything to me. I wish it could've been this way with all of the kids, but times changed drastically for this to even happen, and it's something I wish never would have impacted our world.

Since COVID-19 became a thing, Mike and I have had four kids, and Brendon and Sarah had their triplets five weeks before it was announced. We had all just overcome a nasty upper respiratory infection a week after they were home, so luckily those three got antibodies from Sarah. This strand of COVID-19, Omicron, is a flu-based variant, from what it seems, and after you've had this strand, you should test negative after five days, which doesn't make any sense because when this all started, we had to quarantine for two weeks minimum, we were under lockdown for a long-time, and a lot of people died because of it.

After a little while, Mike came in, masked, and wearing protective gear not to bring any outside germs in, and he came by me. "How are you doing in here?" He asked.

"I don't like it. All I can do is think and take care of Brock when I'm used to having to take care of eight other little ones at the same time and I don't have time to really think." I whispered.

He sighed quietly then pulled me to him. "You don't get to do this love. You'll be home soon. The kids do miss you, but they know you're doing what's safe for you and for their new baby brother." He told me, kissing the top of my head. "You have to protect just one for now, take a breather before coming home, relax, spend time with him. He's not going to break in your hands." He whispered, chuckling a little bit.

"Not funny Mike. I wish this wasn't a thing where they have all these different stands and people can't do what they want to do. I want to go home, I want to bring Brock home away from all this mess." I told him. "I'm tempted to sign an 'Against Medical Advice' form." I whispered.

"You just had a baby come out of you and had a massive surgery to remove your uterus completely. You aren't signing that form. You need to rest, and this is the only way you can. The kids are fine. That's why we decided with your brother that we'd live together. Three heads with a bunch of kids, over one against eight mini us's running around terrorizing everything in their path." He told me. "You need more time to bond with him." He whispered before he left the room for some air.

I looked down at him and sighed. He's small, sure, but he should be fine. He's growing already. We have a skin-to-skin schedule, he's comfortable, he's happy, and he's safe. He's eating directly from me, and the occasional bottle at night when Mike stays over to help let me rest after everything that happened.

I put Brock in his baby bed and walked over to the door to get Mike. He doesn't go far from the room anymore. I opened the door and found Mike sitting right at the edge of the door. "Yes, my wonderful wife?" He sighed.

"Come stay in here. I want my husband." I whispered. I opened the door a little bit more and sighed, starting to feel cramps. "Please babe." I whispered again, walking back to the bed.

He closed the door behind him after he got inside, then rushed behind me to help me. "When did you start feeling like that love?" He asked.

"When I was standing right there at the door." I told him, sighing. "It's nothing major. Just slight cramps." I whispered.

He carefully got in the bed by me and gently placed his hand on my belly. "It'll be okay soon. The cramps shouldn't last long." He whispered, kissing my temple.

I snuggled against him in an attempt to help soothe my cramps a little bit, but he soon got up to get Brock from his little bed. "Is he okay?" I asked.