Chapter 48/Welcome Back Gifts

We focus a few points of view from some other nations other than Reader-san. 

--

Italy hummed cheerfully as he approached the door of his dorm. His suitcase was in his left hand as he reached the smooth wooden door. He paused briefly when he saw a sticky note on the door. It was from them. The sticky note itself was different from the usual ones, he noted as he peeled it off to read what it said.

He smiled as he finished reading it through. It was short but very sweet. Italy made a note to himself to write back soon. At that point, he had also noticed two boxes on the ground. They were both wrapped in white and gold paper with a little sticker with one was labelled to him and the other to his brother.

He wondered who it was from. Perhaps it was also from them, perhaps it wasn't.

(A part of him hoped it was from them.)

After opening the door to the dorm and putting his suitcase down first, he brought the boxes in. He left Romano's box on a table and brought his box along with the sticky note to his room. He could unpack his bags later. For now, he was interested in what was in the box.

O.o.O

China and Japan chatted idly as they walked to their shared dorm. The older nation had waited for the other after his bus had arrived back on campus sooner. As they reached their dorm, they noticed two boxes. China had handed Japan his suitcase so he could open the door and bring the boxes in.

The wrapping paper was red and white with one box labelled to each of them. Japan opted to open his box in his room whereas China decided to open it in the living room.

"Ah! This is so cute, aru," the brown-haired nation cooed as he held up the adorable cat plushie. As he would soon find, just about everything in the box was cute. It maintained the aesthetic of cuteness which made China sign contently. He found several cute school supplies and washi tape along with some animal charms.

He would be sure to use the school supplies, he decided as he put the wrapping paper and ribbons in the recycling. The box itself was pretty nice so it would be a shame to throw it out. He did wonder what was in Japan's box yet, more pressingly, he wondered who these were from. It was probably someone he knew yet he couldn't think of who would do this.

(He wouldn't find out anytime soon.)

O.o.O

"Daaammmmnnnn," America muttered as he held up the poster.

There were several posters in the box he had gotten. They looked high quality and they felt like it too. There were a couple of banners and even a little poster of an alien. Surprisingly, he didn't have any of these posters in his which meant he didn't have any duplicates. He grinned as he pulled out one of the other posters.

He reminded himself he wouldn't have enough space in his room for all of these but that didn't matter much, he would find some way to put all of these up.

On the left of the box, several boxes of chocolate and matcha pocky were left untouched.

O.o.O

England hummed, pleased with the choices of the books in his hand. There were several good ones along with a few he hadn't quite read yet. He had a collection of books on his bookshelf but a couple more never hurt. As he placed the book with the title, Never Let Me Go, down, he looked through what was in the rest of the box.

On one side, were a few boxes of tea. It was the kind he usually got for himself. He was somewhat surprised that the mystery person knew what type of tea he had. He wasn't sure who it was, though he didn't assume it was the person that brought him back to his dorm when he was drunk all those times.

(With nothing with soft murmurs and sweet touches to remind him of them.)

He really should get through his list of people, he thought as he ran his finger down the spine of a Sherlock novel. But, that could wait, for now, he had more books to read.

O.o.O

Prussia rummaged through the box as Gilbird flew around him, occasionally landing on his white hair. There were many things that were crammed in the box that he had taken out and laid out on the table. He knew that Germany had gotten a box as well, though he had opted to open it after cleaning up his luggage.

Prussia was nowhere near as patient.

After arriving at the dorm and finding the boxes, he had promptly decided to drop his luggage and open the boxes which brought him to where he was now. He decided after the first four items that the person who gave him this clearly had way too much time on their hands. If he found who it was that gave him all this, he would be sure to thank them.

(If he could find them, that is.)

O.o.O

Canada sighed as he looked at the mess of wrapping paper on the table. It was from America's box, he knew that, and he knew that his brother usually didn't leave messes like this. He was probably just excited about whatever it was that he got in his box. Canada had opened his box at his desk which was in his room.

Quickly, he cleaned up the wrapping paper and put it in the recycling. There had been a surprising amount of things he had received in his box, one of which was a snow globe. He probably had around 3 of them by now but they all depicted different scenes and they were all so beautiful, he had them set up on a shelf.

At one point while Canada was opening the box, he wondered if it was from the person who gave him gifts on his birthday. He should really try to catch who it was.

And maybe finally find out who he should thank.

O.o.O

"This is like, good," Poland said as he held up the skirt.

Of course, it was clothes again, Lithuania thought, of course. He knew it was most likely the same person from before though this time, they didn't leave any notes. He himself had gotten a box too that didn't contain clothes. He remembered being with Poland while they were shopping back at the town in the mall.

He remembered Poland looking at the clothes he liked and the occasional glimpses at the other clothes that he didn't have enough time to try on or buy. But here the clothes were, laying on Poland's lap.

Lithuania decided it would do some good to thank the person.

(After all, they made Poland happy.)

O.o.O

The amount of coffee they went through was staggering, Iceland settled after staring at the near-empty cabinet that used to be filled with coffee. It was probably a good thing that Denmark and he hid some of the coffee from the box they had received at their doorstep. In retrospect, Finland and Norway would probably find the coffee later.

But, for now, they were safe for another day.

O.o.O

Russia smiled while he attached the keychain to a bag. It was a yellow sunflower made of metal and it looked very good. The keychain was one of many things that were in the box though it was one of his favourites. On a coat rack outside, was a scarf with little sunflowers embroidered onto it.

He had an idea of who it was from but wasn't so sure. He could narrow down a list later.

(Besides, there was no need to rush.)

O.o.O

It was quiet as France checked the label on the wine. It was good quality from what he could tell. He silently gave props to the person who had left the bottles of wine in the box. He could always appreciate good wine unlike England who drank beer. He would have to leave the bottles somewhere where Spain wouldn't find them however, as the Spaniard was quite scary when there was alcohol in his system.

In a vase, laid a single pink rose.

--

I finally get to move on from the field trip. Thanks for reading!