Special 5/The Past

This is partially canon depending on how you interpret it.

--

The country of (C/n)'s past was a muddled one. No one's really sure where it came from. Along with the country came with its personification. (Y/n) was born as the country appeared on maps. When (Y/n) was young, she stayed in a small town where her leader left her. Little (Y/n) lived in a small house with people occasionally checking up on her.

"Good morning (Y/n)!" the lady next door named Rina greeted as (Y/n) walked out of her house.

"Good morning Miss Rina," (Y/n) waved back, "How have you been?"

The older lady chuckled, "I have been well. How about you and your parents?"

(She unnoticeably flinched at the question.)

"We've been... Well," she said vaguely.

(Y/n) can't tell anyone that she doesn't actually have parents. Imagine how they would react? She only looked as though she was seven years old.

"I see. Well, you've got somewhere to be, haven't you?" Rina asked.

"Ah, that's right. I have to go to the market place today," (Y/n) said, "I'll see you around later, Miss Rina!"

Rina chuckled and waved goodbye. (Y/n) ran off, her hair trailing behind her. She ran through the streets of her town quickly while stopping once in a while to greet the other people. (Y/n) was a strange girl when she was younger. Her hair was cut rather short, it only reached just past her ears and she often wore pants like the males of the town. Her gender was jokingly, often a debated topic amongst the people of the town.

(Was (Y/n) a girl or a boy? The townsfolk didn't know.)

(Y/n) knew why she had to dress like that. Most of it was for her safety above all of the other reasons. There was no telling what people would do to her if they found out she was a girl.

It wasn't too crowded today in the marketplace. The stalls were set up like usual as (Y/n) walked through the streets. She walked around from stall to stall, buying the food she needed. Her steps were light and soundless against the stone paths. She quietly hummed a popular tune under her breath as she passed the last stand on the road and twisted to the right.

Eventually, she completed buying her groceries just as afternoon approached. The warm sun beamed down on the town. (Y/n) promptly walked back to the direction of her house after she finished buying everything. Her arms were balancing each bag carefully as she stepped onto her street.

Once she reached her house, she gingerly opened the door and settled her groceries down. She locked the door behind her quickly. She lifted the groceries to the kitchen and swiftly put everything away as quickly as she could with her small body. There wasn't much to do afterwards so she simply went to her bedroom to take a nap.

She closed her bedroom door, letting everything engulf in darkness. Her room was the darkest room in the house so, despite it still being midday, her room was in total darkness. Then, (Y/n)'s eyes flickered to a corner of her room. A dark figure stood there, then, it vanished.

She sighed and crawled into her bed. She delicately closed her eyes. Her conscious was gone before she knew it.

(But, she had a feeling something was going to go wrong when she wakes up.)

O.o.O

At first, there was nothing.

Then, a small creaking sound. (Y/n) sat up quickly and her eyes darted around. Then, the sound of a crackling fire. She speedily got out of bed, tugged a thick jacket on and slid on her shoes. She bolted outside. Smoke wafted all around the streets as the fire burned the houses. She could only stare in horror as the sound of wailing sounded over everything else.