Chapter 1/Smile

Gakuen Hetalia AU. You might recognize this from my book "Moments" in the themes Unseen Hero and Thankful. I decided to make those themes into this fanfiction. You might recognize some of the things in the themes in this fanfiction so hope you enjoy. I apologize for any OOC-ness of characters. (This was originally on Quotev)

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot.

If you can't smile make other people smile.

If other people can't smile, smile for them.

A smile can go a long way after all.

And so can help.

O.o.O

(Y/n) adored helping people.

It was something she did because she wanted to. Not because she wanted recognition.

(No, no, no. Recognition was scary for her. Only the small things, only the small things. Never the big things, never.)

But, because she wanted people to be happy.

(So they could forget all the bad moments in their history. So they could relax.)

She helped people with big things and small things.

(Not that they knew it was her the helped them with the big things. No, no, no. Only with the small things.)

Maybe they will notice one day.

(But, she was scared of what they would say when they find out it was her.)

O.o.O

A new year has started at World Academy. The sky was clear, the birds were chirping and (Y/n) (L/n) was getting ready for school.

She quickly ate breakfast and dressed in the school uniform before grabbing her bags and rushing out of her dorm. She slowed down on the way to her classroom in order to not run into anyone.

She made it to her classroom quickly and she opened the door to find no one there.

'I'm early again, aren't I?' she thought.

She sighed quietly and sat down at a desk near the window. She pulled out her headphones and her notebook. Inside the notebook were the things she needed to remember to do for the year.

( Remember to...

Give Canada a present for his birthday

Try to attend Russia's birthday party

Stick the motivational sticky notes onto Italy's door

Get the Nordics some coffee when they run out

Get England back to his dorm after he gets drunk and has no one to pick him up

Clean the music room

Remind Romano that Italy Veneziano wasn't always better than him and help him with his insecurities

Hang out with Prussia and remind him people still care

Get Poland some new clothes

Get the Baltics away from Russia for a bit to let them relax

Try to be subtle)

She would add more things to the list later when she saw fit. She hid the notebook in her bag and pulled out her sketchpad and pulled her headphones over her ears. Everyone else should be here soon.

O.o.O

England opened the door to his classroom. He hoped that no one would be in there so he could get some peace and quiet before the bloody wankers came in. To his disappointment, there was a person in there.

(Y/n) (L/n).

Thankfully, she was a calm and pleasant person.

(Like a calming river with clear fresh water and fish.)

Her eyes were focused on her sketchpad as she used her pencil to draw something. England quietly moved to his preferred desk and sat down.

(Y/n) noticed him enter the classroom, looked up from her drawing and gave him a kind smile. She tugged her headphones off her head.

"Good morning, England," she said warmly.

"Good morning, love."

From past experiences with her, she was a very pleasant and capable person. She wasn't loud by any means but was excellent at being empathetic. England thought she was a great person to be around. He was glad she was in his class. At least there was someone he could work with that he liked.

Honestly to him, it was like she was a hero that saved him from being in a class of people he generally disliked.

(But, not hate. No, hate is too strong of a word. Many peop... Countries understood each other to an extent.)

(Y/n) settled her headphones back in place and went back to sketching. England pulled out his new books for this year and flipped through them to see what things they would be learning this year.

O.o.O

The day passed quickly with nothing too important happening since it was everyone's first day back. (Y/n) walked back to her dorm without bumping into anyone.

Once she got back to her room, she pulled out her notebook and ran through the list a couple of times.

'This seems kind of like a bucket list," she mused dryly.

'Well, I better get started."

She fell asleep that night with thoughts of helping others and school.

(Along with her little monsters of insecurities that lurked around, whispering that when they find out what she has done for them, they won't be grateful.)

('It's fine,' She thought, "They don't have to be. I'm doing this for them and not for me.")

What do you think? There are little dashes of insecurity going on with reader-san. This fanfiction might be written in more of a drabble format but I'll see how it turns out. I am open to suggestions of what to do with some characters and the list in the fanfiction of what reader-san wants to do can have more things added. I will try to update this fanfiction along with Moments as much as I can. Thanks for reading!