Chapter 34/Food

Bringing you back to your regularly scheduled program.

--

(Y/n) left the ice rink at exactly at 11:30. She took her skates off and put her winter boots back on and left most of her belongings in a locker that was provided at the centre. Russia said he wasn't going to go just yet.

(Y/n) wasn't sure where she could eat lunch. There were many places she could go but it was hard to choose.

'I can always not eat,' she thought to herself and immediately shook her head. Japan, Germany and Italy would find out somehow.

(They were very convincing on a good day.)

She strolled around for several minutes before deciding on a safe option. Fast food. The trio would probably scold her for not choosing a healthier option but what they didn't know wouldn't hurt. She went into the store and sighed as she was hit with the warm air.

She patiently waited in line to order and once she got her order, she went to sit down at an empty table. There was an abundance of people ordering. (Y/n) kept her eyes down and began to eat her food. She took bites of food and sips of her drink as she calmly enjoyed the bright bustling of the people.

"Dude, how you found a seat yet?"

"Aiya! There are too many people, aru."

(Y/n) lifted her head and found America and China each holding trays that contained their food on top. She debated silently whether or not to speak but ultimately spoke.

"Alfred, Yao," she waved from her table.

She kept one of her hands under the table and dug her nails into her palm as they turned to her. She pasted a smile on her face as their faces lit up in recognition and began to make their way to the table.

"Heya dudette!" America said, "Can we sit here?"

"Of course," she nodded.

"Thanks!"

(She wouldn't have waved to them and just not let them sit.)

China and America sat down on the empty chairs. America had a big stack of hamburgers with a soda while China had a single burger and a cup of tea. America noisily slurped his drink and started unwrapping his hamburgers. China wrinkled his nose and ate his burger in a normal fashion.

"So, how's your day been?" America asked between bites.

"I've been well. I went to the skating rink earlier. How about you two?"

"I'm went hiking, aru," China responded.

"Nice," (Y/n) nodded.

"Cool, bro! I went tobogganing!" America cheered although it was muffled by the food.

"How was it?"

"It was so fun! I almost fell off my toboggan a couple times."

"The hill is rather rocky, aru," China nodded.

"Sounds like fun."

America smiled and ate another burger quickly. A somewhat awkward silence stretched over them as they just ate their food. (Y/n) avoided their eyes and resorted to tapping on the edge of the table.

"Privet."

America immediately turned around and he was faced with Russia. Their eyes locked together and suddenly the room seemed a lot colder.

"Hello, Ivan," (Y/n) took it upon herself to greet the Russian.

"Hello, little подсолнух," he smiled innocently.

[подсолнух {podsolnukh}: Sunflower (Russian)]

"Ivan, aru," China nodded in greeting.

"Ivan," America glared.

"Alfred," Russia glared right back.

(The tension was so thick, (Y/n) could cut it with a knife.)

(Y/n) bit the bottom of her lip.

"Are you going back to the ice rink after?" Russia smiled at her.

"That's the plan," she responded.

He nodded, seemingly satisfied. America frowned and it didn't look natural on his normally smiling face. China sighed as America and Russia began to quarrel. China pulled out his phone and began to scroll through it. (Y/n) also took her phone out and answered a call.

"Hello, Mei... Is the day after tomorrow okay?... Of course... Thank you."

(Y/n) smiled and hung up the call.

"Are you and Mei good friends, aru?" China curiously asked.

"Uh, kinda," (Y/n) shrugged, "Not like really good friends but we're kind of friend, I guess."

She smiled nervously.

"Mhm," he nodded, "You are closer to Kiku, aru?"

"Yes, I guess so."

(Friends was a loose term.)

The two of them idly talked about how the trip was going for a while as they finished eating their food. Russia had sat down at that time and started eating his food. He and Alfred also continued to throw insults at each other. After that, they each separated paths except for Russia and (Y/n) who were both heading back to the skating rink.

"There are probably people already filling up the rink by now," (Y/n) hummed.

"Da," Russia nodded as he pulled his scarf up, "But I think most people are going to the outdoors one."

The walk back to the rink was fairly quiet with a couple of words here and there. They made it to the skating rink safely. (Y/n) picked up her things and switched back to her skates. She went back to the ice which was, like Russia said, not too full. She did a couple of warm up rounds around the ice and sighed.

"I wanted to ask," Russia had started to say, "Would you like to learn a little more skating?"

(Y/n) tilted her head, confused, "Kind of. It would be nice, I suppose."

Russia clapped his hands together cheerfully, "I can teach you."

She froze of a second and gripped the edge.

"Pardon?"

"I can teach you," he repeated.

"I'm not a good student."

"You are a good student, do not lie."

"I wouldn't be good at it."

"If you have fun, that's all that matters."

(Y/n) looked down, "You would be wasting your time on me."

"Any time with you is never wasted," Russia smiled.

("Are you serious? You have so many other things to do and you chose her?" her monsters cried.)

She sighed, resigned and looked up, "If you really think so."

"I do," he held his hand out.

She took his hand.

--

Sorry for being a bit late! My extracurriculars outside of class are starting up again. Thanks for reading!