Chapter 3/Debt

The first of the intermissions that build up the world a little more than "Reader-san going to help people". If you read the last chapter you might notice at the end where I mention Reader-san helping Italy and he wants to pay Reader-san back for what she did. This happens maybe about a year before the current year in the first chapter.

Warning: Unfortunately more bullying themes

I do not support bullying. If you are being bullied, seek help.

Italy ran out of the building with tears in his eyes. He tried to rub them out of his eyes but they kept pouring down and he couldn't stop it. His bullies were very very mean today. Germany and Japan weren't around to protect him today. They were probably already at the club room by now.

(He didn't want to go straight to the club room with tears in his eyes. He didn't want to worry Germany or Japan.)

He ran out to the courtyard where there weren't too many people and was quiet. He ran to one of the cherry blossom trees and leaned against it. He put his head on the trunk of the tree and let out sobs.

"Feliciano?" a voice called at him.

He froze, wondering who it was. He tried to wipe some of his tears off his face and eyes as he turned around. He saw one of his classmates, (Y/n) standing in front of him with a worried look on her face and binders in her arms.

"C-ciao, Bella!" he stuttered when he saw her in an attempt to seem normal. There was no doubt she could see his tear-streaked face.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

(Of course, he wasn't okay but she thought it would be nice to ask first.)

"Of course, Bella! Why would you-a th-?" he was abruptly cut off when she said, "What they say aren't true."

His tears welled up in his eyes again. "W-what? H-how do you-a know?"

She tilted her head and gave him a sad smile. "I'm not blind, you know?"

Italy burst into sobs and (Y/n) placed her binders on the ground and walked up to him. She lightly cupped his cheeks and brushed away his tears.

(Her fingers felt slightly cold but they were pleasant.)

She wrapped him a loose hug and stiffened when he clutched tighter onto her blazer. She softly ran her hand through his hair while avoiding his curl and rubbing soothing circles on his back. Once his tears subsided he pulled away.

"Do you want me to go with you to your club room?" she asked him.

"Si. Can you-a please not tell Luddy or-a Kiku what happened?" he pleaded.

[Si: Yes (Italian) Please remember this. I most likely won't translate it again]

"Sure."

She followed him to his clubroom, keeping an eye out for anyone who might appear to bully the normally bubbly Italian. They reached the room without anything bothering them.

"Vhere vere jou, Feliciano? Do jou know how vorried ve vere?" Germany scolded Italy when he finally appeared at the door of the club room.

"Ve~ Sorry, Luddy! I-a got lost," the Italian said.

"Prease don't do it again, Fericiano-san," Japan also inputted.

(Italy could see (Y/n) out of the corner of his eye, smiling at him as if to say 'See, they do really care about you.')

The scolding continued for a couple of minutes until the two of them decided Italy had gotten the message.

"Thank jou for leading Feliciano back to us," Germany thanked (Y/n).

"It's no problem," she said humbly, "Besides, I'm sure he would find his way back here one way or another by himself."

"Stirr, thank you."

(Y/n) shook her head, "I'll see you all later."

With that, she left.

"Do jou know who she is?" Germany asked Japan who was standing next to him.

"No. I onry know that she is in some of my crasses."

Germany seemed deep in thought for a moment before he sighed. "Ve can find more about her later. Ve still need to fill Feliciano in on vhat we discussed."

"Hai."

Thanks for reading!