Chapter 50/Lunch Time

As it turns out, my March break was extended for 2 extra weeks. Hurray.

--

It wasn't hard to get back into the groove of school (Y/n) decided. Maybe it was only in her opinion as she had seen America barely catching himself from falling asleep a few times, Italy dozing off and Poland dazedly looking out the window. It wasn't as though school was terrible, it was more of something to spend time on.

Sometimes, it did get to be a little too much. (Y/n) wasn't sure how well everyone would fare as an actual representative in their government when or if this school ever ended but it was a pretty good idea to put everyone in school for a while to learn.

(Many of them never really got the chance to learn in this sort of environment since they were nations. They were always busy.)

As the teacher dismissed the class for lunch, she exited the class with her binders and pencil case to make her way off to her locker. She murmured an excuse me to a particular group of nations. One of them scoffed and (Y/n) frowned. She ignored them and walked by to turn around a corner.

She got to her locker without any other complications. She opened the lock quickly and put away her things. Then, she paused as she looked at the pictures that were held up by magnets on the locker. One of the pictures was of her, Italy, Germany and Japan from the New Year's party. There was another of the girls from the recent field trip.

(Y/n) hummed as she took her lunch bag out. She didn't have many photos to put up at the moment but she would probably get more. She closed the locker and began to walk to Germany's locker. Japan, Italy, Germany and she had agreed to meet up for lunch today. In true school fashion, their lockers weren't anywhere close to each other.

Her locker was closer to the front of the school this year and was off to the Western side of the school, Germany's also on the first floor and off to Eastern side, Italy and Japan's were upstairs. (Y/n) quietly walked off to where Germany was located. They were probably going to have lunch in a room upstairs today as it was snowing outside.

She knew that America preferred to go buy lunch outside rather than make his own. She found that out when he was rambling while they were doing an assignment once. England always bought his lunch, apparently, he had trouble cooking at times. (Y/n) had heard there was a gourmet foods club which he was completely banned from. (Y/n) usually made her own lunch since it was cheaper.

(Though it wasn't anything too special.)

"Ludwig!" (Y/n) called to Germany as he closed the door of his locker.

"Hallo, (Y/n)," he said as she came to a stop in front of him.

[Hallo: Hello (German)]

She smiled as they began to head upstairs to find Japan and Italy.

"How's class been for you?" (Y/n) asked as they walked up the stairs.

"Zhey've been vell."

"Not having much trouble?"

"Ja," he sighed. "Zhough Feliciano vas taking a nap in class earlier."

She nodded. They went to Japan first who they found waiting at his locker. Japan seemed to have been sleeping well when they saw him.

"You didn't pull an all-nighter yesterday to watch anime did you?" (Y/n) had asked.

"No, I herd myserf," Japan had almost proudly replied.

Finally, they went to get Italy. They found him wandering through the hall.

"Luddy! Kiku! (Y/n)!" He waved. "I have a place for us to-a eat!"

Italy joined them, immediately latching onto one of them as he usually did. They followed Italy as he led them to the place that he found. It was faintly quiet as they walked with only their voices and footsteps filling the halls. Most of the other students had most likely gone downstairs to the cafeteria or elsewhere.

(There were also students that avoided the cafeteria like the plague.)

"Ah, final exams are coming up, aren't they?" (Y/n) noted as they reached a room.

"Eh? So-a soon after the field trip?" Italy whined.

"Hai, they are during the second week of February," Japan said.

"I feel like we-a just got back."

"It's been almost two weeks, Feliciano."

"Already?"

Italy opened the door and gestured for them to go in. It was a simple room with large windows displaying the outdoors. There were also several cabinets that were to the back of the room. There were several tables with chairs pushed in.

"Vhat is zhis room for?" Germany muttered as they walked in and turned the lights on.

"It's the room for the-a siesta club!" Italy excitedly announced while putting down his lunch bag.

(Y/n) hummed in acknowledgement. They each took a chair around a table near the window and got to eating lunch. Snow fluttered down outside and icicles decorated the top of the window. The glass was cold when the female nation touched it. It looked like winter wasn't going to be stopping anytime soon.

Italy cheerily ate his pasta while Kiku began discussing some of the newest chapters of manga that he had been reading. (Y/n) listened along while eating her own food.

"We shourd make a study group for the exams," Japan thoughtfully stated.

There a short silence after that. Briefly, (Y/n) thought about making a suggestion. They could invite other nations. They could. But, what if they didn't want to? Was she missing some social cue about if they wanted to keep it to just them? Was it a bad idea? She dug her nails into her palm as paused eating.

("What if they don't like your idea? Is that what you're afraid of? Rejection?")

No, no, no, no... She wasn't. But was she? (Y/n) bit her lower lip and took a breath. It's fine, she told herself. It's just a suggestion.

"We could also invite the other nations," (Y/n) said quietly.

"Si!" Italy quickly accepted.

"Zhat vould be a good idea," Germany spoke. "Zhat vay, it vould be beneficial to everyone."

She released her nails from her palm, noticing the red crescent indents left there. Maybe she should stop worrying too much. She sighed.

"Oh! Bella, can I-a have your number?" Italy asked with his phone already in his hand.

"May I have it as vell?" Germany adverted eyes. "So zhat ve can all plan zhe study meetings?"

"Sure," she agreed.

They rather quickly exchanged numbers. Sooner than later lunch had ended and they all had to leave for their separate classes.

"Ve~ Kiku, why didn't you-a ask for (Y/n)'s number?" Italy tilted his head.

"I already have (Y/n)-chan's number, Feliciano-kun," Japan answered.

"Eh?! When did you-a get it!?"

"A whir ago..."

Just another day at World Academy.

--

The next chapter will be a special that wraps up the supernatural AU. Thanks for reading!