Chapter 15/Outside

Intermission time. Set in the current year. In the timeline currently, it's about early November.

--

(Y/n) carefully ran her finger down the spine of the new manga volume of (F/m).

[(F/m): Favourite manga]

She slid the volume off the shelf and inspected it. After looking at the book over and flipping through some of the pages, she nodded. There was a book shop near World Academy that sold manga, chapter books and more. She often visited the book shop to buy books to read. Her eyes darted around as she walked towards the front counter to buy her book.

She turned down another shelf of books before she stopped.

"Hello, Kiku," she said quietly.

(Since they were in public, they would have to refer to each other by their human names.)

"Herro, (Y/n)-chan," he nodded in reply, "I did not expect to see you here."

(Most people wouldn't expect to see her here at all.)

"Most people think the same," she smiled lightly.

He glanced at the book in her hands.

"I did not know you read (F/m)," he said.

"It's my favourite," she fiddled with the cover of the manga volume.

Japan nodded, "I was pranning on buying the new vorume of it today."

"I believe this was the last one on the shelf," (Y/n) blinked.

"Oh," Japan sighed, "I can buy it next time it restocks."

He began to turn away before (Y/n) tapped his shoulder. She held the book out in front of him.

"You can take this, I can come back and buy the volume when the store restocks," she said.

(From the look in her eyes, he could tell she wouldn't take no for an answer.)

"Very werr then, (Y/n)-chan," he took the manga volume gently, "Thank you."

"It's no problem," she said with a gentle smile.

(It seemed a little sad in his eyes and maybe that's what compelled him to say his next words.)

"You can come to my dorm and we can read (F/m) together until you get your own copy," he said.

"I can't bother you like that-" her eyes widened.

"No, it is the reast I can do," he said firmly.

The two simply stared at each other for the next few minutes, daring the other person to continue. Eventually, (Y/n) sighed and conceded.

"Alright, we can have a reading marathon together on a later date," she said.

Japan nodded sharply, "We can pran it rater."

(Y/n) pulled out her phone and unlocked it quickly, "You can add your phone number and we can text each other when you have time."

(Japan noticed she said "when you have time" as though she would build her schedule around whenever he planned it to be.)

"Hai, thank you."

He typed in his number and handed her phone back to her. He then pulled out his own phone and returned it to her.

"Prease add your n-number too," he stuttered.

(It was the first time he had asked someone, a girl especially, for their phone number.)

(Y/n) typed her number promptly and gave the phone back to him.

"Thank you," he nodded.

"No problem. I'll see you later then, I suppose." (Y/n) smiled

Japan nodded, "I'rr see you rater."

As Japan made his way to purchase the manga volume, (Y/n) began walking back to the campus. The weather was getting colder as winter began to approach. She wore a jacket and a(n) (f/c) scarf as layers against the light wind. Normal people were outside, enjoying the weather with their friends, family and loved ones.

(She likes to think she might have a few friends now.)

(Y/n) continued walking until the campus was within her sight. Her scarf blew softly with the direction of the wind as she approached the main gates. The doors were locked like usual to prevent humans from entering without permission. She pulled her keycard out from her pocket and swiped it across the machine that was flashing red. The gate opened with a soft creak.

She wandered through the gate slowly and waited for it to close.

"Wait!" a voice shouted.

(Y/n) could see a figure approach the gate, running. She held the door and waited for the figure to become clearer.

"Hello, Lithuania," she greeted as he slowed into a walk.

"Thank you for waiting (Y/n)," he panted.

"It's no problem," she smiled. "Did you forget your keycard?"

He looked embarrassed as he nodded, "Po was trying to get me to go shopping with him and I suppose I forgot my keycard."

(Honestly, that seemed like a common problem amongst some nations.)

She shook her head, "Well, I'll see you around."

"Bye," he smiled.

She waved and continued her way back to her dorm. She walked through the main hallways and turned right to the hallway where the dorms were. She walked slowly and observed the paintings and drawings scattered on the walls. There always were paintings and drawings on the walls, most of which were from students of the school. Everyone was always so talented.

('Unlike her,' her mind laughed hollowly.)

Her eyes drifted to the floor. She reached her dorm quickly and took out her key to open the door. She stepped inside soundlessly and closed the door behind her. She took off her shoes and placed them on the shoe rack. Then, she took off her jacket and scarf and hung them up. Her dorm wasn't very full. Her living room had a few things such as her laptop, couch and a small table. The kitchen was connected through a door while the bathroom and her bedroom were down a mini hallway connected to the main room.

(Y/n) walked to her kitchen to cook up something to eat for an early dinner. She searched through her fridge before pulling out a couple of ingredients and settling them on the counter. She cooked quickly and ate the meal quickly as well. After she ate, she washed the dishes and left them to dry.

The (h/c)-haired girl ran a hand through her hair and sighed. She was rather tired and a little nap wouldn't hurt. She walked to her room and laid down on her bed. Her eyes closed gently and she tried to fall asleep.

(She hoped she wouldn't get nightmares this time.) 

--

I going to have another intermission after this where Reader-san and Japan actually hang out. Thanks for reading!