Chapter 40/Trying On

Wow. Chapter 40. Haha, I feel like I've made it so far. Also, thank you so much to Flamiau on Quotev for making fanart!! I love it <3. Note: The fan art is in the comment section on Quotev. The image above is just an image I found online.

--

(Y/n) blinked and suddenly Taiwan was already roaming through the racks of clothes. Poland held his hand up to his chin, tilted his head and sharply nodded before heading to the clothes as well. Ukraine smiled and clasped her hands together.

"What are they doing?" (Y/n) trailed off at the end.

"Zhey're going to get clothes for jou to try on," Hungary chimed as she casually sat on one of the chairs.

Belarus scowled, "Can I take this dress off now?"

"You look good in it!" Ukraine said.

(Y/n) hummed in agreement and began looking through the racks of clothing. If Poland and Taiwan were going to find clothes for her, then she could spend time finding clothes for the others. She picked up a few articles of clothing ranging from simple pencil skirts and striped shirts to oversized sweaters and fashionable coats.

"Here," (Y/n) managed to hand the clothes to everyone before getting whisked away by Taiwan and Poland.

"Like, try all of these on," Poland shoved piles of clothes onto her arms.

"And make sure to try on this with this and pair these two up because I think it would look good-," Taiwan began to rattle off a list of clothes for her to pair together before pushing her lightly into a change room.

"Make sure to come out after trying them on!"

"Uh, okay," (Y/n) looked at the piles of clothes oddly before sighing and beginning to try them on.

The first shirt was plain and simple. Taiwan had said she should pair it with... one of the wide-leg pants.

"Hmm, it looks okay," Taiwan noted.

"It's like, okay but there should be like, better one," Poland said.

"Yeah."

And back into the change room (Y/n) went. There were a variety of pants that they had selected for her from sweatpants to jeans to skorts. There were also some nice shirts that they had found.

(She wasn't sure if she looked good in some of them.)

"That one looks good."

"Mhm," Hungary hummed in agreement as she came out of her own dressing room with the clothes (Y/n) had picked out for her.

"Oh, did you like the outfits, Elizabeta?" (Y/n) asked.

"Yeah, they're nice."

(Y/n) smiled and nodded. Taiwan placed a hand on Hungary's shoulder and gestured to (Y/n).

"This one looks good, right?"

"It does," she agreed.

"You should like, buy this one," Poland said.

(What if they're lying?)

"Alright," (Y/n) sighed and walked back into the dressing room.

By the time she went through most of the clothes in the stack, there were only a few she was happy with. Belarus and Ukraine had finished going through the clothes and had a decent stack in their arms.

"Let's go," Belarus stated.

"And buy the clothes first," Ukraine added on.

(Y/n) nodded and as a group, they headed to the cashier. They each paid for their own clothes individually before heading walking out.

"Where are we going to go now?" (Y/n) inquired.

"Well, there's like, a lot of like, other stores here right? So obviously, we're going to the other ones," Poland declared.

"Do we have to?" Belarus sighed.

"Of course!"

And with that, Ukraine looped and arm around Belarus's and (Y/n)'s and towed them to the next store. Poland and Hungary followed right behind them and into the next store they went. The next one had many dresses. There were formal ones, semi-formal and casual ones.

(It was simply the store next to the earlier one.)

"These are so cute!" Taiwan cooed as she twirled around. All of them were in different dresses, each with their own unique style.

(Y/n) lifted the sides of the dress a bit and walked carefully through the racks of dresses. Poland flipped his hair over his shoulder and placed his hands on his hips.

"This would be like, great for some party," he stated.

"Ah, zhat's true," Hungary nodded.

"Don't you like these dresses, сестра?" Ukraine chuckled.

[Cестра {sestra}: Sister (Ukrainian)]

"It's okay," Belarus's lips tugged downwards, "I like the one big brother gave me more."

"Yes, yes, ve know," Hungary rolled her eyes.

"You wear that one all the time," Taiwan waved her arms.

"I'm sure it's alright to have a couple of other dresses," (Y/n) commented as she let go of the sides of the dress.

Belarus pouted and crossed her arms.

"There's usually a dance in June, isn't there?" Ukraine briefly mulled over it.

"Yeah," Hungary affirmed.

(Y/n) hummed and Poland twirled around in his dress one more time before heading back to the change room.

"I'm like, going to get changed now and then we can, like go to the next one," he called over his shoulder before disappearing into the room. They took turns to take their dresses off in the change rooms. After, they continued to walk from store to store, trying on clothes and buying what they wanted.

(Poland and Taiwan ended up with the most clothes.)

"I'm tired," Taiwan whined as they approached the food court to buy food for lunch.

"It's been like, so long," Poland huffed.

Ukraine chuckled, "We're getting food now."

"Can someone get the food for me?"

"I can," (Y/n) offered.

"Really?"

She nodded. Taiwan hugged (Y/n) before listing her order and handing her money.

"Can you like, please help me too?" Poland requested.

"Sure."

He smiled and listed his order too and handed her money. Belarus sighed and impatiently tapped her foot as she waited for the rest of them.

"You're too nice," Hungary said as Ukraine and Belarus went off.

"What do you mean?" (Y/n) tilted her head.

"Jou help others so much, Jou should let everyone else help you too."

(Y/n) walked up to the cashier and made her order along with Poland and Taiwan's. The gave the money before grabbing the receipt and waiting at the side.

"I don't think I'm too nice," she stated as Hungary walked to where she was waiting.

"Jou are."

The (e/c)-eyed nation did a half-shrug.

(If anything, she wasn't doing enough. But, She was too much of a coward to do anything more.)

Hungary let out a sigh and shook her head, "Nevermind."

The two of them walked back to the table where Taiwan and Poland were waiting. It was only around 12:30. They still had much more of the day to go through and places to go.

Isn't the point of this trip to have fun, after all?

--

I'm so sorry for the slow updates. I've been having ballet rehearsals for 4 times a week :(. The next chapter will be a special. Thanks for reading!