Chapter 14/Coffee

Here we have the Nordic Five. This is set in the current year.

Denmark raced around the dorm frantically. Sweden searched the cabinets with a stoic expression on his face. Iceland walked around the kitchen quickly.

"Have you found any yet?" Denmark asked as he searched high and low.

Sweden shook his head and continued searching as Iceland also shook his head.

"Norge is going to kill us," the former Viking groaned, "Where's the damn coffee?"

"I thought we had some yesterday," Iceland muttered as he opened some of the cabinets in the kitchen.

"I th'nk m' w'fe drank the r'st y'sterd'y," Sweden grunted.

"Weren't you supposed to check is we had coffee, Icy?" Denmark asked Iceland who was next to him.

"Don't call me that," Iceland pouted, "And no, I wasn't the one who was supposed to check."

"Crap, when's Norge going to be awake?"

"Soon along with Tino," Iceland commented.

Denmark groaned, "What are we going to do? We don't have any coffee!"

(This would be problematic. They might have to lock Norway and Finland into the closet again.)

Suddenly, there was a light knock on the door. The three Nordic countries stopped and stared at the door.

"Should we open it?" Denmark whispered.

"S're," Sweden shrugged.

Denmark crept slowly toward the door and hesitantly opened it.

(Hesitantly, in case it's a criminal or something. But really, what criminal would go to a country's dorm?)

He peeked outside and saw no one there. He looked right and left but still, no one. Then, he looked down. There was a cardboard box sitting innocently on the doorstep. The Nordic looked at it suspiciously before deciding it looked normal enough.

"Should we bring it in?"

Iceland nodded. Sweden shrugged. Denmark sort of went "why not," and picked up the box. He lifted it into the dorm and brought it to the IKEA table they had. The tallest Nordic passed a box cutter to Denmark silently. Denmark grabbed it and sliced through the tape holding the two flaps closed easily. He put the box cutter down beside the box, on the table and lifted the flaps up.

Inside there was coffee and butter.

(A lot of it.)

"Whoa!" Denmark exclaimed as he picked up one of the jars filled with coffee.

There were fresh unground coffee beans, freshly ground coffee beans, instant coffee and a couple of sticks of salted and unsalted butter. Iceland looked into the box with a raised eyebrow.

"Who's this from?" he asked.

"Dunno," Demark said, putting the jar back into the box.

Sweden picked up one of the jars to examine it. On the side of the jar was a note. It only said, "A gift."

At that moment, Norway walked into the room looking as though he had just risen from the dead. The three other Nordics sighed in relief once they realized that this mystery person had basically saved them.

(Because a Norway in the morning without coffee was a scary Norway.)

Whoever they were, they were their hero.