Chapter 60/Infallible

Haitus notice after this transition chapter.

--

(Y/n) stuck close to Italy for the next week or so and for that matter, so did Germany and Japan. Sometime down the line, Romano had found out people had been bullying his brother and was rightfully appalled at that prospect. She was sure that Principle Rome had found through Romano too. All of that accumulated into a very, very long talk between Italy and essentially everyone.

It was a good talk. (Y/n) had sat with Italy through most of it by his request. She was glad he was finally talking to his friends and family about it. This wasn't a good thing to keep pent up for too long. Most of the talks ended with a big group hug. While Italy was sorting through his emotions, (Y/n) mulled over the past few days.

She didn't see the bullies around as much as she used to do. Whenever she caught a glimpse of them, they were quick to scurry away. They almost looked frightened of her. She kept an eye on them to make sure they weren't going to bully Italy again. (Y/n) was pretty sure everyone else was too. Good. Italy certainly didn't deserve to be bullied like he was.

(Honestly, she just glad things had turned out well.)

It was about a week later when things had begun to calm down a little. Exam week was over and the second semester had just begun. Different classes, different routines. She found her new seatings alright with China being one of her deskmates in a class. She found him using a few of the pens she had left for him over the years.

She hoped he liked them.

(Y/n) found the days passed fairly slowly with the teacher's voice droning on during the lecture. Exam scores were going released later today after classes were complete. That gave her plenty to worry about how she did. Scores were always sent via email, though once they were sent by letter to the dorms because there was an issue with management.

The teacher dismissed the class and everyone rushed out to get to their next one. (Y/n) waited for everyone to rush out before going out herself as to not get trampled over. She walked swiftly while also avoiding running into anyone. She failed at that when she almost bumped into England on the way up the stairs.

"Oops," she muttered to herself, "sorry, Arthur."

"It's alright, love," he said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She smiled reassuringly. "Are you headed to your next class?"

"Yes, it's in room 204."

(Y/n)'s eyebrows shot up. "My next class is right next to yours."

"Well." England offered a hand. "Shall we go together?"

(What was the harm in accepting?)

She took his hand gently. "Sure."

The island nation smiled and took her along. He didn't let go of her hand as they walked up the stairs and headed to their classroom. They talked a bit, mostly about new books they had read. As they arrived just outside the classroom doors, England lifted her hand and lightly pressed a kiss against the back of it.

(Y/n) blinked in confusion as he dropped her hand.

"Will you be visiting the magic club soon?"

"Uh. Yeah. I'll stop by tomorrow," she answered, half-dazed.

"Very well then."

England turned and left to enter his classroom. (Y/n) tilted her head as she watched him. Huh. She shook her head and opened the door to her own class.

(That probably wasn't anything important.)

O.o.O

(Y/n) was eager to go back to her dorm so she could finally check her email for her exam result. Walk straight ahead, turn right, left, avoid the group of other nations, go downstairs, look left then right, and then, turn right, pause... She stopped in her tracks as she found Russia standing in front of one of the bulletin boards.

"Hello, Ivan," she greeted.

He looked away from the board and his eyes lit up as he saw her. "Привет, little подсолнух."

[Привет, подсолнух {Privet, podsolnukh}: Hello, sunflower (Russian)]

(Y/n) took a few steps towards him and looked at the bulletin board to see what he was looking at. Her eyes scanned over the posters and brochures. A possible field trip towards the end of the school year, a notice for March break, a few things about clubs and a couple more things she skimmed over.

"Have you seen your exam results yet?" she said in an attempt to make conversation.

"Nyet." He shook his head. "You?"

"No, I was planning on checking once I'm back at my dorm."

Russia hummed and looked back at the board. (Y/n) followed his gaze to see what he was looking at. A regular red package. She read what it was about quickly.

"I heard about Italy," he said.

(Y/n) almost froze. "Yeah?"

(She forgot just how quickly word travelled around here.)

"You confronted his bullies, da?"

"Mhm." She looked anywhere but his eyes.

"That's good. You were being a good friend," he stated.

"You think so?"

"Da." Russia didn't elaborate on what he meant and instead gave a smile. He patted her head gently, almost as if he was proud of her. Removing his hand from her head, he tugged at his scarf lightly. (Y/n) smoothed out the stray strands of hair that had been ruffled when he had patted her.

"I will see you later, little подсолнух," he said while beginning to walk away.

"See you later." She waved, letting her arm drop after a few seconds. She would most definitely be seeing him around, they shared a class together after all. She left to go to her dorm soon after, eager to check her email for her exam results. Unlocking her door quickly, she dropped her bag and shut the door behind her.

(Y/n) left her blazer on a chair and took her phone with her. She opened her laptop, waiting for it to start up. A ding sound effect alerted her of a notification on her phone. She unlocked it and checked her text messages.

[Elizabeta]

[We're having girl's night on Friday.]

[Join us if you can.]

(Y/n) smiled and her thumb brushed over the screen. She could look at her exam results later, for now, she'll respond to the text.

--

So, uh, sorry. Thanks for reading!