Chapter 54/Talk

It's so hard keeping track of so many characters, don't be like me, make the harem smaller but damn do I like having a big harem. Also, I'm going to assume you know süße means cutie by now so I'm not going to be translating it.

--

(Y/n) quietly wrote in her notebook, completing a diagram. The first study session was... better than she expected. The library in World Academy was large and spanned multiple floors. There was a section for everything. The main study group took place on the second floor in an isolated area meant for study groups.

They were doing pretty well all things considered. They were fairly quiet and helped explain concepts to the people who needed it. More often than not, it was Germany explaining things. He was pretty smart and had good studying tips. (Y/n) sat mostly by herself throughout the study session.

She occasionally sat with Romano when he wanted someone to help him go through some cue cards he had made. (Y/n) quizzed him while he gave answers. This wasn't anything new to them. They've helped each other study before for previous exams. (Y/n) supposed she was rather attached to Romano in the earlier years as he was the first nation she had met beside the principle.

(So when did they begin to drift away?)

As the session began to come to a close, (Y/n) started to clean up where she had studied. She closed her notebooks and textbooks before putting them in her bag that could just barely fit all of them. She put in her pencil case last before zipping up the bag to make sure nothing would fall out.

No one had begun to leave yet with almost everyone beginning to clean up as well or socializing. (Y/n) bid a quiet goodbye to everyone before heading to the elevator to go down. She pressed the metal down button and waited. A small "ding!" informed her the elevator had arrived.

The doors slid open smoothly and she stepped in. She pressed the button for the first floor and as the doors began to close, a voice called out.

"Hey! Hold zhe doors!"

Swiftly, (Y/n) pressed the button for opening the door before it could close, just in time for Prussia to get through into the elevator. He sighed in relief as the doors began to close again.

"Danke," he said with a confident grin on his face. His blazer was left open and the top two buttons of his white collared shirt were undone. A bag was slung over his shoulder that (Y/n) assumed contained his notebooks or textbooks.

"No problem," she replied softly.

They spent the elevator ride down in a semi-awkward silence. (Y/n) kept her gaze at her feet as Prussia also looked anywhere besides her. Finally, the elevator stopped and opened. (Y/n) gestured for Prussia to go first, only for him to look back as if to say she should go first. They had a short staring contest before he relented and walked out before her.

(Her lips quirked into a small smile.)

When they stepped out and the elevator door closed behind her, Prussia laughed.

"Kesesese, zhat vas fun, süße," he said, placing his hands on his hips.

(Y/n) gave a confused smile.

"Anyhow," Prussia began after finishing laughing, "are jou heading back to jour dorm?"

She paused before answering, "Yes."

"Awesome! Can I walk jou back to jour dorm?"

'Eh?' (Y/n) thought.

"Sure?" she said hesitantly.

"Jou don't sound so sure," he teased.

"Sure," she said again, firmer.

"Great!"

And off they went. It wasn't as quiet on the way to her dorm with Prussia mostly filling in the silence with stories. Everyone always had stories it seemed, (Y/n) had thought. She herself didn't have that many that she thought would be of any interest so she often let others talk. It wasn't too bad in her opinion.

The two of them made it to just outside the hallway where the dorms were when Prussia had gone a little quiet. (Y/n) had tilted her head, asking him a silent question.

"Jou know," the albino had started, "I vanted to walk vith jou to jour dorm because I vanted to thank jou."

(Y/n) had stopped in her tracks and stared at Prussia. She would've pinched herself to see if she was dreaming if not for the fact she never had dreams like this.

(No, she had nightmares with all too many worries.)

"For what?" she asked.

"Fran's been pretty happy lately and he sure isn't talking any other pretty lady zhan jou," he said. (Y/n) blinked and almost frowned as if she didn't believe what he was saying. Prussia continued despite that, "Vest had been less uptight too."

"Ludwig isn't that uptight, I'd think," (Y/n) muttered.

"Kesesesese," he laughed. "Maybe not vith jou."

"And France is a good person, he deserves to be happy," she said.

(He really did.)

"Ja, ja, the point is jou make zhem happy." His voice turned a little softer as he said the next words. "Jou're a good person too even if jou don't realize."

"I don't think I really get it but, thank you."

Prussia grinned. "Jou vill one day."

(She doubted it.)

Then, the two of them stopped walking in front of the door to (Y/n)'s dorm. She hadn't realized they had started walking again. She stuffed her hand into her pocket and jostled around for the key.

"Thank you for walking me back," she thanked as she pulled out the key.

"No problem, süße," he replied. "See jou around."

He waved casually as he turned around to leave. (Y/n) gave a small smile and when he turned the corner and was out of her sight did she finally drop it. She sighed a little and ran her hand through her hair. She didn't think she was a good person. If she was a good person, she would be able to do to help.

She was more of a coward than anything else. Too afraid of judgement to actually help. What a joke. Carefully, (Y/n) unlocked the door to her dorm and walked in.

She closed the door behind her.

--

Since I have no self-control, I now have another WIP for Bungou Stray Dogs that I will probably never publish. Hurray. Thanks for reading!