Chapter 39/Meeting Up

The third day of this field trip! Does this count as an arc?

--

(Y/n) woke up much later than she expected. It was 9:14 when she had finally turned over and stared at the clock.

9:14

Wait. 9:14?!

(Y/n) sat upright in a dash. The girls and Poland had agreed to meet downstairs at 10 after breakfast. They decided it was a good enough time and (Y/n) had thought so too. But now, she was going to be late.

(Maybe.)

She hastily rolled out of bed and readjusted her yukata. She spread the blanket back out and fixed up the pillows. Then, she rummaged through her bag and pulled out some clothes. She changed and opened the sliding door before heading to the washroom. She brushed her teeth and her hair in record time.

"(Y/n)?"

(Y/n) looked back, her brush still in her hand, brushing away the knots in her hair.

"Hello, Lili," she distractedly greeted.

"I brought toast and (f/d) for you."

(Y/n) paused and looked back, "Oh. Thank you very much."

"You're welcome," Liechtenstein smiled, "I'll put it on the table."

"Thank you!"

(Bless her heart, she was very kind.)

The (h/c)-haired girl finished brushing her hair soon enough and went to the living room. She ate the food Liechtenstein had brought her at a fairly quick pace. By then, it was already 9:46. She helped tie Liechtenstein's ribbon into her hair and then they waited. When the clock struck 9:55, they made their way to the front entrance.

They were on time when they got there. Poland, Vietnam, Taiwan, Monaco and Seychelles were already waiting there. They just had to wait for Hungary, Belarus, Ukraine and Czech. As they waited they idly talked amongst themselves.

"How've you been?" (Y/n) asked as she fiddled with her fingers in her pockets.

"I've been well!" Seychelles cheerily replied, "I went to the rink. How about you?"

"I went skiing with Feliciano, Kiku and Ludwig."

"The trio of them. I always see you four together, you know?"

"Really?"

She laughed, "Oui! I barely see you with anyone else."

"Really?" (Y/n) tilted her head, "Sometimes I'm with Matthew or Lovino. I talk to Alfred or Arthur or Ivan sometimes? I hang out with Eliza and Lili too."

(Now that she thought about it, she had many more friends than she originally thought she had.)

"That's true."

"Ve're here!" Hungary announced with Belarus, Ukraine and Czech behind her.

"Woohoo! Let's go!" Taiwan cheered.

Together in a large crowd, they all set off to go to the mall. Along the way, they continued to talk with one another. The sidewalk had been cleared of snow, making it easy to get to the mall. (Y/n) walked alongside Taiwan for the majority of the walk. Soon enough, they reached the mall.

It was large and flashed with pretty lights, showing advertisements for various stores.

"Where are we going first?" Vietnam asked.

"Why don't we, like, just wander around in groups and then like, meet up for lunch or something," Poland suggested.

"You're going with me to the stationery store," Taiwan took (Y/n)'s hand and began dragging her into the mall.

"Okay," she allowed the Asian nation to drag her along.

(She had agreed to it prior anyhow.)

Together, they walked to the stationery store without interruption. There weren't many people inside the stationery store so it was fairly quiet.

"What are you going to get?" (Y/n) asked as Taiwan let go of her hand.

"Probably some washi tape and notebooks or pens," she hummed.

(Y/n) nodded along. They scoured through the store. Taiwan ended up picking up five rolls of washi tape, three notebooks and ten pens. There was a flower-themed, an animal-themed, a cartoon-themed, food-themes and a shell themed roll of tape. The notebooks were each respectively bisexual-themed, galaxy-themed and plum blossom-themed. Each of the pen caps had a different animal on it and were all different pastel colours.

(Y/n) on the other hand, bought two pads of sticky notes, three correction tapes and five highlighters. One sticky note pad was simple with pastel (f/c) and a small character on the bottom corner. The other was different patterns on it such as dots and stripes. The package for the correction tape each had their own unique design. One of which had bubble tea. The highlighters were each pink, blue, purple, green and orange respectively.

Right at the cash register, she picked up a couple of other things. Including erasers, markers, notebooks, stuffies and washi tape.

(She heard China was a fan of cute stationery.)

They left the stationery store, satisfied.

"Let's take a picture!" Taiwan said as she pulled out her phone.

"Sure," (Y/n) agreed.

They lifted their bags up and took a picture.

"I'll send you the photos," she promised, "Let's exchange numbers."

"Oh, sure," (Y/n) blinked.

The swapped phones and added in their contacts. Taiwan had many, many contacts, much more than (Y/n) did.

"You only have three contacts, (Y/n)," Taiwan looked unimpressed, "You have your boss's, Elizabeta's and Kiku's. Wow."

The (h/c)-haired girl chuckled nervously.

Taiwan shook her head and filled in her contact, "Here."

"Thanks."

"Let's go and see if we can find the others," Taiwan put her hands on her hips, "And get some clothes too."

Together they ventured through the mall. They crossed through many stores until they finally reached one where their friends were. Inside, Ukraine, Belarus, Hungary and Poland were trying on clothes. Belarus had a scowl on her face. She was wearing a different dress than the one she usually had besides the school uniform.

The top of the dress had long sleeves that had ruffles on the end and the skirt itself was a very nice combo of galaxy colours. Ukraine was sitting on a chair with a cheery smile while Hungary was laughing. Poland, on the other hand, was going through the racks of clothing.

"Hey!" Taiwan waved.

"Hello," (Y/n) greeted.

"Hi," Hungary waved back.

"So, (Y/n)," Taiwan promptly began rubbing her hand together, "Are you ready?"

"For what?"

Poor (Y/n). Don't you already know?

--

Thanks for reading!