Chapter 4/Clothing

My first time trying to write Poland. I hope I manage to get most of his personality right. This takes place in the current year.

Poland squealed in excitement as he picked up a heavy box outside his door. Lithuania moved slightly to the side as Poland rushed to the table to place the box down.

"Is it from them again?" Lithuania asked as he poked his head above Poland's shoulder to see the box.

"Like, totally!" the polish country replied as he took the note on top of the box off. He quickly read to note before laying on the side.

(Dear Poland,

Here are some new things for you to try on. I hope you like them.

Sincerely,

???)

"Liet, can you like, help me open this?"

He nodded, went into another room and came back with scissors in hand. He handed the scissors to the excited Poland who eagerly took the blade and used it to cut the tape on the box. He opened the box quickly and peered inside.

There were clothes folded perfectly in clear plastic bags. Poland took the first article of clothing off the top of the pile in the box. He opened the bag that the clothing was in quickly. He pulled the clothing out of the bag and admired it.

It was a pink polo shirt. The fabric felt soft and stretchy under his fingers.

"I'm going to like, try this on," Poland told Lithuania, "Wait here."

"Alright," Lithuania sighed, already used to his antics.

Poland hurried to his washroom to try on the shirt. It fit him perfectly to a T.

(It always did with all the clothes they got him.)

When he came out he immediately went over to the living room where Lithuania was waiting.

"Like, what do you think?" he asked as he twirled around.

"It looks great," Lithuania said.

"Alright! Then, let's, like, try on everything else!"

Lithuania could only sigh as Poland continued to pull out the clothes.

(But he was used to this by now. They were best friends after all.)

O.o.O

There ended up being very many things in the box. A couple of shirts, pants, scarves and accessories. In particular, there was a polish dress that had a pink skirt. It was very beautiful and it came with a flower crown. Poland really liked the dress and resolved to wear it sometime.

There were also a couple of clothes in the box that was labelled for Lithuania. Poland did look at the clothes and annoyed him to try them on. They looked good on him. Poland tried to convince him to wear them out in public and he eventually agreed.

O.o.O

(Y/n) first started noticing Poland complaining about how it was hard to find clothes that fit him, looked good and were fashionable a couple of years ago. She started looking around for clothes in her free time after that.

She seemed to be able to find good clothes at good times so she managed to get the clothes rather quickly. She frequently visited some stores that she knew had clothes that Poland would like every one to two months. There were usually new styles of clothing by the time she went back there.

(She always worries that he wouldn't like the clothes she bought for him.)

Sometimes she ends up buying things for Lithuania too.

(Because she feels like she owes it to him for putting up with Poland every time the Pole tries on clothes.)

O.o.O

(Y/n) lightly walked through the aisles of clothes, looking for new clothes she could wear. She wandered around for a while until she heard someone talk loudly.

"Liet, it's, like, perfect and it would totally work with the outfit that like, they gave me."

('Oh. The 'they' they are talking about is me,' she idly thought.)

"We can't buy everything, Po."

She walked around the corner to where the two voices were, casually pretending like she wanted to look at the clothes down the aisle. Poland stopped talking to Lithuania for a second and looked at her.

He squealed when he saw her and ran up to her.

"Hey, girl! You like, totally have an amazing sense of fashion! I like, totally like your jacket with those shoes."

(Y/n) looked vaguely startled when Poland started talking to her and blabbing about how her fashion was on point. She looked really confused for about three minutes straight before Lithuania intervened.

"Po, you might want to slow down. She looks really confused."

Poland stopped for a second to look at (Y/n)'s face.

"Oh, you're like, right."

"Sorry about my friend, he gets really enthusiastic sometimes," Lithuania apologized to (Y/n).

"Don't worry it's okay," she replied quickly.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"My name is (Y/n) (L/n). I'm the country of (C/n)."

"I'm Toris Laurinaitis and I'm the country of Lithuania. This is my friend-"

"I can like, introduce myself, Liet," Poland interrupted him, "I'm Feliks Łukasiewicz. I'm like, the country of Poland."

"It's a pleasure to meet you (C/n)," Lithuania said.

"It's a pleasure to meet both of you as well and please, call me (Y/n). (C/n) is too formal."

"Alright, (Y/n) then."

"Like, sure! Can I call you (N/n)?" Poland asked the female.

"Sure."

(Y/n) looked at her watch. "I have to go now. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

"Okay, bye!"

They waved each other goodbye as (Y/n) left. Once she was out of sight, Lithuania turned to Poland.

"She's a student at World Academy, right?"

"I like, think so. I've totally seen her in the hallways before."

(Just who was she?)

O.o.O

Poland didn't spend time with (Y/n) all too much. He was usually with Lithuania.

If asked what he thought of her though he would say that she was a very fashionable individual. The most they interacted was when Poland wanted to ask her about clothes or anything fashion related.

(If pressed for more answers he would admit he thought she was pretty and that he wanted to use her a model one day.)

They might not have talked much but there was something about her that Poland found familiar in a way. It was confusing. She always wore the same smile on her face. It looked more as though it was there as a mask rather than something she wore to express joy.

(Sometimes, he would glance at her and she would an ever so slightly bitter smile on her face as if she knew something no one else did and she couldn't tell anyone.)

He wanted to know what was going on.

(He didn't like being left out most of the time.)

And maybe, he would get the chance to use her as a model for some clothes he couldn't wear.

(He might recruit Liet to help him.)

Thanks for reading!