Chapter 49/Magic

So, currently, it's about mid-January in the timeline.

--

It was only a week or so after they had gotten back from the field trip when (Y/n) realized she could probably visit the magic club. It had come to her after she was briefly distracted in class by the little fairies in fluttering around England's head. In retrospect, she should have taken up Norway's offer to check out the magic club sooner but she had forgotten.

After some contemplation, she chose to go to the magic club. As far as she was aware, they had meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays and occasionally Mondays. She took her chances and went to the club room on Thursday.

The magic clubroom was hidden away from most of the other clubrooms. It was found down a stairwell that was tucked away in a corner of the school. (Y/n) wasn't too sure why it was there but she assumed it was so they could keep whatever it was that they did a secret. She walked silently on the clean marble floor as she pushed open the door.

She descended down the spiral staircase that was lit by wax candles. The flames flickered as she walked past them. Finally, she opened the door where another hallway stretched on. World Academy was practically a maze to anyone who didn't know their way. At one of the wooden doors, there was a sign that merely said "Magic Club".

She raised her hand and knocked on the door.

(Momentarily, she wondered if she had made a mistake.)

She waited with her hands behind her back. As the door opened, (Y/n) found herself holding her breath for who would appear on the other side.

"(C/n)," Norway acknowledged. "You came."

"Hello, Norway." She nodded. "I suppose it isn't too late to take you up on your offer to visit."

"No," he sounded faintly amused. "Come in."

He opened the door bigger and stepped off to the side to allow her in. She walked in and he closed the door behind her. There was a large table in the centre of the room with several chairs surrounding it. A green figure flickered past (Y/n)'s view before it disappeared. Norway gestured for her to sit at one of the chairs.

(She wondered where the other two clubmates were.)

"Vladimir and Arthur aren't here yet. You're early," he said as though he read her thoughts.

"That so?" she murmured, tapping the table noiselessly.

Green flickered past her vision again, this time, she could make out a vague shape before it was gone again. Norway hummed and poured himself a cup of coffee. There was another knock on the door which he went to get.

"I'm telling you, it's three drops, not two, Vladimir," England's voice echoed in the room.

"Right, and I don't know how this recipe works," Romania said soon after.

Norway rolled his eyes as the two bantered while they walked in. (Y/n) smiled awkwardly as they abruptly stopped when they spotted her sitting in the chair. There were fairies fluttering around England's head. They shimmed in and out of existence as she blinked.

"Hello," she said.

"... Love, hello," England coughed.

"Hey, (C/n)!" Romania chirped.

"So, any particular reason for the visit?" the blond nation asked.

"Are you looking to join the club?" the red-eyed nation added.

"(C/n) can see your fairies, Arthur," Norway stated.

(Way to be blunt.)

(Y/n) had never seen England snap his head that fast as he stared at her, disbelief clear in his eyes. The fairy in red giggled around him as one of them whispered in his ear and he shut his mouth.

"Love?"

She blinked and hurriedly answered, "Yes?"

"You can see them?"

The fairy in red flew away from his head and to her's. The fairy fluttered around a little before landing on her finger. They situated themself comfortable as (Y/n) looked up at England. She nodded slowly. England blinked as Norway pulled out a seat to sit down. Romania shrugged and pulled out another chair and sat down. They stared expectantly at England who merely sighed.

He sat down with them soon after.

O.o.O

As (Y/n) had learnt, the magic club was certainly... interesting to say the least.

They usually discussed potions, spells, general magic and how to take care of their magical friends. They also played Dungeons & Dragons semi-regularly along with several other games. The club was partially about magic and partially a social gathering.

(Then again, that was what most clubs were, right?)

England, Norway and Romania normally didn't discuss magic around the other nations as they had admitted that most couldn't see the magical creatures. England did insist that America could see them though only around Halloween and Norway had said Iceland could see them sometimes.

(Y/n) stayed the club meeting with them and as the sun began to dip below the horizon, it was ended. They had agreed at some point during the meeting that she was welcome at any time.

"Why?" she had asked.

"It's nice to have another nation that knows about magic!" Romania chimed.

"Magical nations should stay together, hm?" England smiled.

"Feel free to stop by," Norway had said.

As (Y/n) walked through the halls to get back to her dorm, England accompanied her.

"I was surprised to you were not in a club yet, love," he murmured. "I would have thought someone would have picked you up."

"Well, Elizabeta is in the swimming club and Feliciano, Kiku and Ludwig are in the newspaper club," she hummed. "I suppose I should check out the clubs sometime."

"Perhaps it would do you some good."

She chuckled. "Perhaps."

They stopped at an intersection where the dorms diverged.

"I'll see you around," (Y/n) nodded and bid goodbye.

"Bye, bye, love," England spoke.

She turned to walk off to her dorm as the island nation did the same. Perhaps she should go check out the clubs. Who knows, it might be fun, it might be interesting.

(And it might be able to take her off she thoughts.)

She made a note for another day.

--

My March break starts next week but I think it's been extended due to Covid-19. Stay safe, everyone! Thanks for reading!