Shanks x (Daughter) Reader Promise

Requested by sharl0tte Enjoy

Shanks sat drinking on the ship Lucky Roo sat at the table eating. As a party roared across the ship. Everyone was drinking and eating "Daddy!" Shanks sat up grinning hearing his young daughter running towards them. "My Baby girl!" Shanks jumped up as she ran towards him he scooped her into his arms grinning as he held her up. "Daddy I drew you a picture!" She giggled holding up a Piece of paper that had a drawing of the two of them standing on the ship with the rest of the crew. Tears brimmed his eyes as he hugged her tight against his chest "That's so sweet!" he shouted "Don't cry daddy!" she said he smiled "These are happy tears!" he replied she giggled her small arms coming around his neck. A few days later the Red hair pirates came to an island. "Y/n this is Foosha island" he explained as they got off the ship "Shanks!" he lifted his head seeing young Luffy waving like crazy. "You're going to stay here with Luffy for a while alright?" Shanks smiled at her softly. "But I want to go with you Daddy" she said sadly he ruffled her hair. "Don't worry pumpkin They'll take good care of you here" he said sadness filled his voice. 

She looked down and nodded sadly.  They went to the bar eating and drinking having an overall good time. When some bandits from the mountains burst in the pirates ignored them and continued to drink. "WE want all the booze you've got hand it over" the man said to Makino who quickly began to apologize. "Sorry sir, But he they've drank everything we had" she explained he slammed his hands on the bar. "Sorry about that friend You can have this one if you'd like" Shanks said offering the mug of beer. The man knocked it into his face pushing him off the bar stool. "Whoops look like you've made a bit of a mess Makino can you grab me a rag so I can clean this up?" Shanks asked she hesitated but handed him a rag as he started to wipe up the mess. "What kind of pirate are you?" the bandit asked kicking him back into the bar. "Daddy!" Y/n shouted moving to his side "it's alright Y/n i'm okay" he said reassuring her. "What's a brat like you doing here?" The bandit lifted her by the collar of her shirt. Shank's face flashed with anger as she squirmed "Put me down!" she shouted. A bullet flew across the room grazing his hand he dropped her and Shanks put his arms out catching her. "You'd best get out of here" Shanks warned with a grin on his face. The Bandit looked to the side seeing Benn holding his pistol. "Let's go" the man said quickly leaving Shanks looked at Y/n "Are you okay?" he asked she nodded hugging him as everyone began laughing as Shanks stood up sitting Y/n on a stool. "Why are you all laughing!" Luffy shouted having a fit and running out of the bar. "Luffy!" Y/n called after him frowning "Leave him be Y/n he'll understand one day" Shanks said. 

"What! Luffy's been kidnapped!" Shanks was outraged panicking slightly he went to go save him. Y/n watched from the shore as a giant sea monster was going to eat Luffy. She covered her eyes when she moved to open them again she could hear Luffy screaming. Benn stood in front of her "Don't look" he said calmly she stared up at him scared when she finally saw her father tears fell from her eyes as she hugged his leg. "It's okay Y/n" he said softly touching her hair she looked up at him "Y/n I have a very important job for you" he said she tilted her head slightly to the side confused. "Help Luffy become a great pirate" he said she nodded "Good, now we have to go but we will see each other again" he smiled. She stood next to Luffy tears in her eyes watching her father leave. "Luffy" She said quietly he looked at her and she smiled "You're going to be king of the pirates" she stated.

10 years later 

A beautiful young woman stood on a pirate ship "We're going to resurface soon are you sure he's going to be here?" Marco asked. She Looked back at him and smiled "He will be here to help our brother, I know it" she said. Y/n had been separated from her crew mates and captain. Upon resurfacing she saw her brother kneeling on the scaffold. She stood beside Marco "It's the white beard Pirates!" Someone shouted "And the child of Red haired Shanks!" Someone else shouted. She smirked to herself following Marco off the ship moving through the hordes of Marines with ease. A Familiar voice rang out "ACEEE!" She lifted her head watching Luffy fall from the sky. "Luffy!" she grinned touching her side pulling swords from her skin. The Marines that ran towards her were easily cut to pieces "Y/n! What are you doing here?" he asked she smiled "Same as you" she winked running beside him. "Let's save our brother" she said. 

Y/n brought her hands to her face as Ace fell to his knees she moved fast before anyone could stop her she closed her hand into a fist black covering her hands as she attacked Akainu "You bastard" she yelled a sword sliding out from her arm it connected with his arms. "Pirate Scum" he said she moved quickly her blade cut his cheek. He pulled his fist back "Akainu!" Sengoku shouted Y/n lifted her arms to shield herself black covering them as he connected she brought her sword up cutting deeply into his chest as she flew back. Landing on her back she groaned slightly. "Y/n!" Marco called she stood up watching White beard begin his assault on Akainu. He helped her up. She spotted familiar red hair "dad?" she asked watching him look at her and smile. "Pumpkin" he grinned placing his hand on her head he began to ruffle her hair. She fought the tears that threatened to spill. She hugged him "Y/n" he said softly she looked up at him "You're jobs not over" he smiled she nodded stepping back he handed her the straw hat Luffy wore consistently. "it's not time yet, go keep helping him" he said she nodded turning around and running towards the submarine. Shanks grinned happily "Good luck!" The crew members called to her tears streamed down her face jumping from the broken ground onto the deck of the submarine. Watching her dad's influence finish the war.

The End