(Daughter) Reader x Dragon (Father)

Requested by AshliDinkelman 

Short and Sweet? Is what I'll call this sorry it's short, But I hope everyone enjoys it anyway :)

Y/n sat beside her best friend Sabo "Sabo what do you want to do today?" the girl asked as she polished her knife. "Your father want's us to go on a mission today" Sabo replied Y/n nodded "mm that's right" she hummed. "are you still mad at him?" Sabo questioned Y/n simply shrugged putting her knife away. "Come on let's get ready to go" she said standing up Sabo silently nodded watching her walk away. Y/n walked toward the docks before hearing someone call her name "Y/n" looked over her shoulder seeing her father standing nearby. "What?" Y/n asked "Be careful" he said y/n smirked "you don't have anything to worry about Dragon" she said. He paused before turning around "Sabo look after my daughter" Dragon said the young blond boy grinned "Of course" he replied. Y/n got onto the ship with Sabo and Koala watching them ready the ship. "We're ready to set sail captain" Koala said in a mocking tone Y/n smirked "full speed ahead" she said. Y/n sat silently watching Sabo and Koala an amused smile pulled at her lips she was only a few years older than Sabo but she was much more mature. 

"DRAGON!" Someone shouted bursting into his office "what is it Koala? you've come back much sooner than expected. "it's Y/n" Was all she had to say before he stood up and began following her down the hall. "What happened?" Dragon asked "We were searching for the target and things got out of hand Y/n saved us" Sabo frowned looking at the ground. "She's in emergency surgery now" Koala added "I knew I should have sent back up with you" Dragon grumbled angry at himself. "You shouldn't blame yourself, She was trying to prove herself to you. All she's ever wanted was your approval she protected us while chasing the one thing she's wanted most" Koala stated Dragon was slightly surprised he hadn't heard Koala get so serious. The doctor came out of the room permitting them to go in one at a time. Dragon sent Koala and Sabo in first the two scolding her for being reckless with her own body. She just smiled and laughed, When Dragon came in the two of them were silent. "I failed the mission but I managed to put a tracker on the target as soon as they let me out of here I'll finish it" Y/n stated not bothering to look at him. "y/n" Dragon said his tone caused her to look at him for the first time since he had entered the room. "I don't care if you failed the mission, I'm glad you're okay and I'm proud of you I always have been. you protected Koala and Sabo and you came back alive you've done much more than I've ever asked" Dragon said. She frowned slightly "you're weird dad but thanks" She smiled up at him catching him off guard he hugged her and talked about how much he missed the smile she wore constantly when she was a child. She knocked him on the head because he was hurting her wounds "Alright enough already! I'm getting tired" She said crossing her arms and looking away in defiance. Dragon smiled "Goodnight Y/n, I love you" he said heading toward the door as he closed it she mumbled back "Love you too dad" and fell asleep. 

The End