Law x (Hanahaki) Reader Incapable of Love p.t 1

Y/n sat in her room on the ship every so often she would get an itch in her throat and begin to cough flower petals fell from her lips landing on her bed. She sighed standing up and heading to the kitchen for something to eat. "Captain" she smiled softly at him he gave her a curt nod acknowledging her before going back to her book. She made herself a sandwich before sitting at the table across from him. Eating quietly she ignored the itch the began to grow in her throat until she finished quickly leaving the room and running to the bathroom. Flower petals and vomit spewed from her lips into the toilet she flushed and sat on the floor leaning back against the wall an aggravated sigh left her lips. 

There was a knock on the door "Y/n? are you okay? should I get the captain?" Penguin's voice came from the other side of the door. She pulled the door open and grabbed Penguins shoulders shaking him "You can't tell him Penguin He can't know" she said quietly looking at the floor Penguin noticed a few flower petals on the floor and gasped. "Y/n-" she put her hands over his mouth stopping him from talking "If he finds out he'll make me remove them and I don't want to lose the feeling's I have" she stated. "But Y/n you could die" he stated concerned. She shook her head "I would rather die loving him, than live and never love him again" she said. Penguin was at a loss for words. 

Tears welled up in her eyes "Y/n" Penguin whispered quietly he didn't know what else to do he pulled her against his chest hugging her tight against him. "Attention everyone we're approaching an island" Jean Bart announced over the intercom. "Maybe some fresh air will help you" He said quietly. She nodded "Thank you Penguin" she smiled weakly wiping her face before following him to meet everyone on deck. Law gave everyone lists for thing's they needed to get. "Y/n I need you're help restocking our medical supplies" Law said Y/n looked at him she was going to protest but stopped herself seeing the look on his face "Yes Captain" she said quietly looking down. Y/n want to her room to get ready coughing up more petals into her trash can. 

She walked around the village with law backpack hung over her shoulder as she followed him. "Y/n? are you alright?" he asked looking back at her. She nodded "I'm fine Captain" Y/n gave him a weak smile. Suddenly her throat began to itch and he noticed her discomfort stopping "Y/n?" she moved rushing to the nearest garbage can. He placed his hand on her back "Captain" she said quietly fighting the tears that were threatening to fall. "I have a confession" she said quietly. He saw the flower petals in the garbage. "Hanahaki Disease" he said she nodded refusing to look him in the eye. "Wh-" he stopped himself realizing who her love was.

"I Don't love you Y/n, I probably never will" he said she felt her heart break hearing those words leave his mouth. "I-" he cut her off "I'll perform the surgery once everyone gets back" his words were so cold it gave her chills. "But captain I-" he looked at her and she stopped "I'm not going to let you die, You're part of my crew Y/n" he stated his stare made her heart sink she shoved her backpack against his chest and ran back to the ship. "Y/n?" she heard Penguin call her name as she ran by he chased after her. Y/n laid against the cold table her chest felt heavy and it was becoming harder to breathe. Law looked down at her and placed a mask over her face. "You'll be good as new once you wake up" he said his voice began to sound far away as he counted her eyes slowly closing as she fell asleep. 

When she woke up he chest no longer felt heavy and there was no itches in her throat. She took a deep breath sitting up. The door opened and Penguin walked in "Oh, you're awake! I'll go get the captain" he said. Quickly leaving before she could say anything Law soon came into the room. "How do you feel?" he asked picking up a clip board "I feel great" she said a gentle smile on her lips. "Any irritation? itching, gagging ect?" she shook her head no. After asking her a series of questions she got up and went to her room putting on some decent clothes. Y/n decided to go for a walk. 

It turned out a festival was being held in the town leaves fell from the trees. Tables were covered with all kinds of sweet and savory foods. Different stalls were open selling different kinds of themed and non themed items. She walked around enjoying herself "Oi y/n!" Jean Bart called waving. She spotted him standing with the others Bepo, Shachi and Penguin Y/n waved back running over excitedly. "How are you feeling?" Jean asked "I feel pretty good now that I don't have a bunch of flowers growing inside my chest" she laughed. She seemed happier than before but on the inside she was hurting. Law's words still stung her heart but she had to pretend everything was okay for the sake of her friends. 

"Come on Y/n let's go have fun!" Penguin smiled she nodded letting him pull her towards the festival he looked back at her grinning. They spent the day walking around as day turned to night music began to play and people started to dance in the square. Y/n looked at Penguin "Dance with me" she said "I don't think that's a good idea Y/n!" he protested but she was already pulling him towards the other dancers. She felt Law's cold stare on her he looked at her smiling face. He began to feel sorry for everything he said but she seemed much happier now watching her dance with Penguin he started to realize how stupid he was. He cared about her more than just a member of his crew and more than just family. He began to walk towards her but stopped himself looking at the ground remembering the side effects of removing the flowers from the Hanahaki disease "They lose the ability to love the one they loved, and possibly the ability to love at all....." he paused looking at her face. He realized she wasn't happy she could feel joy but she could never love again. Not only had he been selfish about himself he had ruined any chance at real love y/n would ever have. He spent the rest of the night in his cabin searching through books for a cure. 

Y/n returned to the ship with the others she looked for law he wanted to ask her more questions when they got back. She knocked on his door "Come in" he said she pushed the door open and he stood from his desk. "Y/n I'm sorry" he said examining her face "You ruined me Law, I've lost the ability to love" she said "y/n  I-" she held up her hand "You should be happy because now you have someone just as cold as you are" she stated before walking back down the hall to her room slamming the door behind her. She wiped her eyes quickly trying to calm herself down she would never forgive Law.