(Princess) Reader x (Prince) Kid No One Like You p.t 1

Kid is a little OC sorry! I've had this idea for a while and wanted to do it anyway. Hope everyone Enjoys!

Princess Y/n had to choose a spouse before she became of age which would be in a few months. Her Mother and Step father held countless parties filled with man suitors. Y/n was tired of the parties and socializing. She just wanted to be free, but as the only heir to the throne she had to put aside her own ambitions for the kingdom. "excuse me Princess, the king and queen have sent a request to see you" one of the castle maids said. Y/n sighed and walked to the throne room where she met her parents. "We've arranged for a suitor to come stay at the castle for a couple weeks" her mother said. Y/n sighed "can't I rule by myself?" she asked "Of course not! the throne needs an heir generation after generation" her step father said. Y/n turned "I'll see them when they arrive then" she said grumpily walking out of the room.

At the end of the week a royal ship arrived at the bay y/n was summoned to go to the bay and greet the man her parents had arranged for her to meet. She stepped out of the carriage and walked closer to the docks seeing her parents were already there. "Your late" her mother said in a curt tone. "I don't see a prince anywhere, so I'm right on time" y/n replied. Her mother shook her head in disapproval "your highness' allow me to introduce "Prince Eustass Kid" A noble man said. Y/n looked past the man seeing a rather handsome but grumpy looking man. "introducing King and Queen L/n!" another noble man said. "Prince Eustass please allow us to introduce our daughter to you" the King said Y/n stepped forward "A pleasure to meet you" she said with a curtsey. He bowed "the pleasure is all mine" Y/n held back a giggle. "come I'll show you around" she smiled.

Y/n and Kid got into her carriage and they started back towards the castle. "Alright you can drop the act my parents can't see us anymore" she said. Kid looked at her and smirked watching out the window he looked at the village. "our people are poor" y/n said resting her hand against her cheek following his gaze. "I hate how different our lives are compared to the people" Y/n explained. "Why not do something about it?" Kid asked "Once I am queen changes will be made" y/n said. 

They arrived at the castle Kid followed her around listening to her talk. When a maid approached the two "Pardon the interruption princess y/n prince Eustass, but it is time for tea" the maid said with a bow. Y/n nodded with a sigh before she and Kid left for the tea room. Y/n's parents sat waiting Y/n sat beside Kid "What kind of tea do you like?" she asked. "F/T" he replied "What a coincidence" Y/n giggled pouring the two of them tea. Y/n's parent's were ecstatic with how the two appeared to be interacting.

"It looks like the two of you are getting along well" Queen L/n said. "Princess Y/n and I seem to share many interests" Kid said y/n nodded in agreement sipping her tea. Her parent's talked for what seems like forever. Y/n could tell Kid was beginning to get annoyed "Well, I think we should let the prince rest after such a long journey" y/n said placing her cup on the table. "of course" her mother smiled y/n stood up and lead Kid out of the room.

 A week had passed since the prince had come to stay. He was currently walking around the castle in search of the princess. He spotted a maid walking "hey you, have you seen the princess?" he asked. The maid looked at him "Prince Eustass, The princess is at her lessons now" the maid said. "I can show you the way if you'd like" she said Kid nodded and followed the maid. They ended up in the courtyard a large group of soldiers had formed a circle cheering. Kid approached the circle "what's going on?" he asked "oh! prince, take a look" a couple of the soldiers moved so he could have a clear view. 

He was surprised at the sight the princess wore trousers and a loose fitting top as she fought with one of the commanders her cheek had a cut across it her knuckles white as she gripped her katana with determination. "I'll win this time!" she said pushing back against the commander. He laughed "Try as you might!" he replied she ducked under his sword turning she brought her leg up kicking him in the face. He flew back hitting the ground his katana fell to the ground and she grinned victoriously. "Told ya" she winked "Your highness the prince is here to see you" one of the soldiers said. Y/n turned smiling "Ah! Eustass! i'm sorry you have to see me in such a way, if you give me some time I can be prim and proper!" she exclaimed laughing. 

Kid smirked "No need, if you're interested I would much rather participate in these activities" Y/n chuckled. "Shall I send someone to fetch you some more comfortable clothes?" he shook his head. "I think I'll be fine" he said her maid brought a damp cloth cleaning the blood from her face. "could you bring a couple bottles of water please" y/n said "of course ma'am" the maid bowed before running off to get the water. She offered Kid a Katana and the two began to spar. 

"I've never met a princess who takes interest in swords" he said "I'm never met a prince who didn't run away from a girl in pants" y/n said laughing. "some men just can't handle a strong woman" he replied Y/n managed to knock the katana from Kid's hands pointing her sword at him he smirked reaching his hand out. Her blade shook in her hand pulling her closer to him "whoa!" she said nearly tumbling to the ground. Kid's hand took her sword and the other caught her waist pulling her closer to him. "Ah, damn devil fruits" she giggled

 "Y/n! what on earth do you think your doing!" Y/n heard her mothers voice shriek. Y/n was quick to step away from Kid. As her mother stormed towards her "What happened to your face!" she gasped. Y/n brought her hand up to cover her cheek "It's nothing but a scratch mother" y/n said. "I've told you time and time again it's not lady like for a girl to handle a sword!" her mother scolded. "Actually it was my idea your highness, I thought it would be good for the princess to know how to defend herself" Kid said stepping into the conversation. "I don't care whose idea it was I've forbidden you from using weapons Y/n!" her mother shouted.