Reader x Penguin Timeless

Y/n was a pediatric doctor and surgeon her husband and love of her life was a nurse she met while she worked under Doctor law during her internship at the hospital. It took three years before y/n had agreed to go out on a date with Penguin. But it was the best decision she had ever made. 

"Hey Y/n wanna go for lunch?" "ah I can't I've got two sick babies and surgery in an hour" Y/n looked up from her paper work looking at Penguin sadly "Dinner?" she asked "Law has a 6 hour surgery at 5" "I'm sorry Penguin, we'll just have to postpone" y/n said he nodded "We'll make time to see each other" he said kissing her cheek "I have to go, have a good day babe" he said smiling at her before walking away. Y/n smiled back before going back to her endless paperwork. 

After performing surgery and speaking with the parents she returned to her office where she had a cot set up for when she had to work late. She fell over onto it and quickly fell asleep she was woken by Shachi running into her office throwing the door open and shouting. "Penguin collapsed!" he shouted Y/n got up following him towards where Law was treating him. Y/n ran into the room seeing him hooked up to machines and an IV. She was used to seeing people that way but it was much harder for her seeing Penguin in that state. "What the hell happened?" she asked looking to Law for an explanation. "His Kidney's are failing" Law stated Y/n was shocked hearing those words. "oh Penguin" she whispered taking his hand. 

Everyone left the room leaving Y/n to sit and watch her lover. He moved his eyes slowly opening "y/n?" she squeezed his hand gently "I'm here Penguin" she said. "What happened?" he asked "you collapsed your kidneys are failing love" Y/n said. He sighed "I knew this would happen sooner or later" he mumbled. "What do you mean?" she asked "There this Kidney Disease, it runs in my family" he said. Y/n nodded "Good to see you're awake" Law's cold voice nearly echoed through the room. As he walked over carrying a clip board. "You'll need a transplant" Law said. "I'll give him one of mine" Y/n said. "we'll have to test to see if you're a match" Law said y/n nodded. "Anything to save him" she said Penguin gripped her hand "are you sure?" he asked. "Of course! I want to spend the rest of my life with you Penguin that's why I married you, we'll overcome this" she said smiling. Penguin nodded and she kissed his cheek before going with Law to get the test done.

Y/n stayed by his side until Law came back with the results he said she was a compatible match and they were quickly prepped for the surgery. Y/n's abdomen ached lightly from the surgery but she laid next to Penguin in his bed, Against the rules but she didn't care all she wanted was for him to be okay. She vowed to make more time o they could be together as you never know just how much time you have left with someone you love. "y/n?" Penguin asked eyes still closed "yes?" "I love you so much" y/n smiled resting her head on his shoulder "I love you too Penguin, now until the end of time!" she exclaimed smiling. "Y/n you need to stop breaking the rules and get back in your own bed" Law said scolding the two Y/n looked at him "nah i'm comfy right here" she replied watching the irritated doctor leave. Y/n kissed Penguin and smiled "Forever" he nodded "forever". 

The End