Reader x Ace Hot Days Cold Nights

Y/n sat with others from the white beard crew they were taking a short break and decided some fun in the sun would be a good idea. Unfortunately the island they decided to stay on was almost unbearably hot. Y/n lounged on one of  the chairs fanning herself sitting in a bikini top and shorts. "God it's hot" Y/n sighed "why don't you go for a swim in the ocean?" Thatch asked. "Ah it'd be lonely out there" she replied giggling. "I'll go with you!" Ace pipped up Y/n and a few others laughed "Ace you can't swim" Y/n said. "right" he said frowning "I'll go" thatch offered. Y/n stood up "alright let's go!" she said excitedly. 

The two got into the water and swam around talking with one another. Ace watched the two laugh together and frowned slightly. "you know if you keep frowning like that your face'll get stuck" Marco chuckled. Ace glanced at Marco before laying back in his chair sighing. "You should just tell her how you feel" Marco added. "It's not that easy, she's just so amazing" Ace said quietly his gaze falling back on her. 

"When are you going to tell him?" Thatch asked "huh? I don't know" she said floating on her back. "come on y/n he definitely likes you! he's been watching us since we came out here" Thatch smirked. Y/n looked towards the shore her eye's connecting with Ace's her cheeks tinted pink and she waved at him with a smile. She saw him wave back "that doesn't mean he likes me, he could just be concerned for our safety" y/n said turning back to Thatch who laughed "Keep telling yourself that Y/n" Thatch said winking. 

A while later the two swam back to shore y/n dried her hair with her towel walking back over to join the boys. She noticed the only open spot was next to Ace now seeing Thatch had stolen her original seat. She glared at him as she laid back on the chair. Day quickly faded to night and everyone was setting up tents. Ace, y/n and Marco made a large bon fire. Everyone drank and partied away. Y/n sat close to the fire subconsciously hugging herself as the air grew chilly. 

"Y/n are you alright?" Thatch asked "hm? oh yeah I'm fine" she smiled. He smirked "you look pretty cold" he said she shook her head "I'm fine really" she said. "Oi! Ace!" Thatch called the freckle faced boy piped up hearing his name and was quick to walk over. "Thatch, what's up?" he asked "Y/n's cold maybe you two could share some body heat" Thatch said with a wink. Ace looked at y/n who refused to look at him feeling embarrassed he smirked "sure thing" he said walking over to y/n he sat down behind her and pulled her back against his chest. 

Her face looked like a tomato feeling his arms wrapped around her torso, his legs on wither side of her hips. She closed her eyes and took a calming breath "thank you" she said quietly. "No problem y/n, it's be my pleasure to be your personal heated blanket" he said laughing. She turned her head to look at him surprised to hear that. She giggled "I'll be sure to come to you first then" she smiled. Her smile caused his heart to skip a beat he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck smiling. "are you okay?" she asked touching the tp of his head with her hand. "Too cute" was all he said taking her by surprise, "Your right, you are too cute" she stated. His grip on her tightened slightly and she smiled putting her hand over his. 

"Look at them!" Thatch said standing next to Marco, overly excited about the two. Marco smirked "I knew it would work" he said "Hey I helped, you can't have all the credit" Thatch argued. Marco shrugged turning back to look at Y/n and Ace "Who knows by this time tomorrow they could officially get together" Thatch said Marco nodded in agreement. 

One by one the crew began to pass out from the party "I guess we should be getting to bed too" Ace said. He stood up and y/n felt a chill run over her body as she stood up turning to him "Um Ace" she said timidly looking at the ground. "Hm?" he hummed "Will you be my personal heated blanket tonight?" Ace was surprised but grinned and took her hand. "Of course" She looked up at him and smiled the two walking towards her tent. The two crawled inside together Y/n watched Ace lay down getting comfortable. 

He looked up at her with a gentle smile "Ace I want to tell you something" she said. "what is it?" he asked quickly sitting up "I really care about you, I want to be more than just friends" she said. Y/n watched his face, a grin pulled across his face "I feel the same way" he said she smiled and jumped on him knocking him onto his back. He wrapped his arms around her torso holding her close. Y/n leaned her forehead against him "this means your mine now" Ace said "and your mine" she smirked pecking his lips. 

The next morning 

Thatch and Marco sat talking "Ace never went to our tent last night Marco said. "You don't think-" Thatch stopped spotting Ace crawling out of Y/n's tent yawning. "how are you feeling y/n?" he asked "Sore" she groaned Thatch gasped "ACE!" he shouted running towards him waving a ladle around "how could you take her innocence like that!" he shouted. "What?! what are you talking about!" Ace said as Thatch hit him with the ladle. "Thatch? what's going on?" Y/n asked crawling out of the tent her clothes were disheveled along with her hair. 

Y/n stood up and groaned holding her back "My back is sore sleeping on the ground is not ideal" Y/n said. Thatch stopped suddenly "your back?" he asked suddenly embarrassed "I thought-" Y/n looked at Thatch confused. Her eyes widened in realization and she started to shake her head. "No, no, no we just slept in the same tent together!" y/n shouted face bright red. "I mean we did a little more than just sleeping" Ace said cluelessly. "Y/n and I admitted our feelings last night" he grinned taking her hand in his. "About time!" Marco shouted from where he was standing. "I'll be sure to give you a good rub down later though" Ace winked. Which resulted in Thatch going after him again with his ladle.

The End