BakixKengan

High I'm new to this and this is my first fanfiction so I will do my very best to make it good.

I do not own the Gamer or any franchise, movies, or anime.

so uh... enjoy

Russell had been in many weird situations, but the one thing that made him wonder was what the hell did he do to deserve this!?

Seriously, what did he do? When he was born an earthquake of 8.5 magnitude struck the hospital, he was born. By the time he was five, he got trapped under a pile of logs. When he was ten, dogs chased him throughout the neighborhood. When he was fifteen, he almost got struck by lightning!

Some would say that is ridiculous or made up. I got an answer for them. Check my medical records.
The only silver lining was that as soon as he is about to die, something or by some divine intervention something or someone is always there to save him. Didn't mean he got away without a scratch.

However, now he is twenty-one. This just takes the cake.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW MORTALS TO RECEIVE THE GIFT OF GAMER!!!:-)

CONQUER THE MULTIVERSE, GET THE DAMES, BE A BENEVOLENT BEING OR AN EVIL TYRANT IT IS YOUR CHOICE. THE WORLD IS YOURS FOR THE TAKING. ;-)

Uh... Okay? how do you react when something you read or watch is literally happening to you?

Russell took a deep breath before punching his nuts. "Gah!!!" Okay, some would say that was dumb when he could have just pinched himself but due 'misfortune' his pain tolerance had skyrocketed to the point even having a knife stabbed to his back didn't even hurt like it would. Oh, he can feel pain, but it would be the equivalent of an ant bite. Except the nuts. Thank goodness for the small mercies.

After recovering, the young man stared at the screen. He remembered waking up, eating breakfast, finishing the questions for his thesis but... why can't he remember anything after that he was sure that he hadn't left the room.

Shaking his head, he quickly focused back on the screen he'll figure it out later, for now, he before swiping his right hand to the left. Like a hologram, the screen quickly changed.

Would you like a tutorial? (Y/N)

Did this really need to ask? Of course, it's a YES! it's the basics of basics even if the game functions similarly the difference is still existent. Even if his Gamer power works in a similar there had to be a 'flaw' in it. Even the 'observe' could be limited to only telling the obvious things with a slight hint that he could capitalize on a combat or it could just generally show how strong his enemy is.

An excellent choice. Let's begin.

Observe skill: Don't leave home without it. This skill is every gamers best friend. The higher you go to level up, the more secrets you see.

okay, so it's the same thing onto the next one.

insta-genious skill (locked) (requirements:???): This skill will let you learn anything, be it skill or language you see with a temporary drawback of 50% debuff of said skill or language.

Huh? that's new, so that means he could be like Majin Buu except whatever he learns is halved. Since the skill mainly lets him learn it but never understand it but if he used Observe then that could give him a bit of leeway to learning things since the skill would give him an idea of it. At the same time, he could use Observe to solving riddles, maybe even puzzles if he could increase it with that method.