#73: Right Love At The Wrong Time (Highschool AU!)

Information:
1) Fluff (?) / Angst
2) You guys seem to like Hanahaki Disease stories so here :D
_____________

~3rd Person POV~
"Please, just get the surgery!" A girl with blue hair cried, clutching onto her best friend's hand as she hurled flowers and blood, body bent over the toilet.

"I-I don't want to, Levy! I don't want to stop loving him, I d-don't-" The response was cut short when another load of petals came pushing out of the girl's mouth.

"But you have to! He cares about you, Lucy! Imagine if you died, how would he feel?!" Levy screamed, shaking her dizzy best friend by the shoulders. Tears streamed down her face as she thought about her pink-haired friend.

"You have to, please, Lu. Don't make Natsu cry."

Lucy wiped her mouth dry, the blood and access petals smearing across the tissue grossly.

"I don't want him to cry. I don't want to see it, nor be the cause of it. But I'd rather die than stop loving him, because I still have a chance!" Lucy defended. "What if he ends up loving me in the future?! Won't he end up with the disease then? I don't want him to die because of me, Lev. I'd rather it be me."

Levy paused for a moment. She felt rage swirl within her. Aggressively, she stood up, making Lucy shake, "Levy, what-"

Said girl picked up her phone from the counter, dialling a number that Lucy knew all-too-well, "Wait, don't! Levy!"

"Natsu, please come to the nurse's office." A moment of silence before a 'why' was heard. Not a lot more convincing was needed when Levy told him that, "Lucy's here."

Without any further exchange, the phone was hung up from the other end. A minute or two later, the door was gently — or rather, as gently as someone can open a door in a panic — swung open, frantic onyx eyes searching the entire room.

They landed on her, "Luce!"

Natsu was by her bedside in the blink of an eye, a frown evident on his face,

"Lucy, what's wrong? And why didn't you tell me about it?" Natsu pouted in anger. Lucy squirmed under his intense stare. She was willing to stay as quiet as she was until-

She leaned over and vomited into the bucket on the other side of the bed, making Natsu direct his attention to the contents of said bucket.

Blood and flowers. Natsu was dumb, but he knew what this meant.

"Luce...?"

Lucy grimaced. He wasn't meant to see that. He wasn't meant to see that.

"Natsu, I can explain-"

"Who is it, Luce?" The pinkette growled. The pure anger in his eyes was easily noticeable.

"Natsu-"

"Who is it?!" He yelled, ignoring the panicked 'shush's from Levy.

"Who's the bastard that doesn't see the good in you, huh?" He raged. He sighed heavily as Lucy puked into the bucket again.

When he looked back up at her, his anger  had seemingly disappeared, being replaced with silent pleas.

Lucy knew what this meant.

"I'm not getting it, Natsu."

"Please, Lucy." He begged, eyes tearing.

"I won't. I don't want-"

"Please." Clenched fists tightened, Lucy's arms almost going numb.

She sighed, she couldn't resist him no matter how hard she tried.

"I... I guess I will, then."

•••

An ambulance was called, and as soon as the situation was explained, Lucy was rushed off to the nearest hospital.

"Stay alive, Luce. I need you." Natsu said soothingly into her ear, caressing the back of her right hand with his thumb. Leftover tears made his eyes sparkle, Lucy noted.

All through the hospital trip, Natsu was right by her side. Helping the doctors wheel her into the emergency room, and sitting right beside her hospital bed since the second she was laid down. He hadn't left. All his meals had been brought to him by Levy.

After a day, Lucy was brought into surgery.

Natsu received no news, and was incapable of sparing even a little attention to any class. Even History, which had been his favorite class since he was in middle school.

Natsu simply borrowed Gray's notes to the hospital, doing all his homework in Lucy's room, waiting for her.

Another day later, the doctor brought Lucy in, sitting on a wheelchair due to her being weak at that moment.

He said the surgery had worked.

Lucy remained in the hospital for another week, the nurses monitoring her health until the deemed it safe for her to return home.

Natsu hadn't ever been happier.

•••

"Hey, Levy?"

"Yeah?"

"Who was he?"

"Who was who?"

"Who was the guy that Lucy loved?"

A moment of silence.

Levy looked at him, frowning, eyebrows furrowing. She could tell him, right? Lucy would be fine, now.

"It, um, it was you." She spoke, looking down at her shoes, her legs swinging ack and forth from nervousness.

"W-what?" Natsu blinked. His eyes widened, the sudden urge to puke overwhelming.

He jumped up, running to the nearest bathroom and vomiting into a toilet.

Blood and flowers decorated the once clean stall.

It's as they say.

Right love at the wrong time is still wrong.