#16: Not Worth It

Information:

1) Angst/ Fluff
___________________________

~3rd Person POV~
"Bye Natsu!" Lucy Heartfilia yelled as she exited her apartment, where her and her boyfriend decided to stay together.

The boy waved back and slumped down, sighing.

He pulled out his phone and opened it. The first thing he saw was his lock screen. It was a picture of him and his girlfriend. He used two fingers to make bunny ears on her head and stuck out his tongue while she smiled and took the picture.

He quickly turned his phone off, not wanting to reminisce on what would soon become a mere memory.

Lucy Heartfilia. The girl of his dreams, his best friend, the love of his life. His everything. He didn't ever want to lose her.

But he was planning to breakup with her.

~Time skip~
"I'm back!" A voice rang through the halls and jolted Natsu from his deep state of thought.

"O-oh, hey Luce!" He waved.

She smiled and sat down next to him.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Nothing." He stammered.

She shook her head.

"I know that look. You're hiding something. Now c'mon, spill it!" She urged, wanting to find out what was wrong with him.

He sighed.

'Let's just it over with.'

"Luce, I...I-I'm breaking up with you."

Those words sent a sharp pang through her heart.

She teared up.

"B-But why...?" She muttered.

"It's not you, it's me. It's definitely me."

"Why?! Is it because you don't love me anymore?! Do you love someone else?! Do you?!" She yelled in a fit of rage. But you can't blame her.

Her boyfriend of two years just decided to dump her.

He shook his head rapidly and waved his hands in front of his face.

His eyes started to blur as new-found tears flowed from them.

"I-It's not that, it's just...-" He looked down to the floor, suddenly finding his bare feet to be the most interesting thing in the room.

"-It's just that I can't let you be with me any longer. You don't know how much this hurts me Lucy, but I have to. It's for your own good-" His loving girlfriend cut him off.

"For my own good?! I can't be happy without you in my life, Natsu! How is any of this for my own good?!" She questioned, still yelling.

Natsu stood up and wiped his tears, turning to face her. She stood up too.

"Because I don't deserve you!" He yelled out.

The girl froze.

"W-What...?"

"I don't, I really don't! You're perfect, you can do everything so easily. You can cook, write, fight, you're the best girl in the world. Look at me. I'm not perfect, in fact I'm nowhere near it. All in good at is beating people up and destroying things." He took a deep breath and turned away.

"I-I'm not worth it." He sputtered out.

He felt small arms embrace him in a tight but loving hug and he gasped lightly.

"You idiot. I'm not perfect, no one is. Sure you're destructive, and maybe you're not as talented as other people, but I love you. You're strong, you're good-looking, and you're protective. You're the one that's kept me safe. You're the reason I'm even alive right now." She hugged him tighter.

"So don't you dare say you're not worth it. 'Cause in my eyes, I would give everything I have just to have you in my life."

Natsu was all out crying at this point, and he was absolutely overjoyed by the news.

He turned around and hugged Lucy back, making sure she felt all the love he's been holding back all this time.

"I love you Natsu, and I wouldn't trade you for anyone else in the world." Lucy whispered quietly into his ear.

Natsu smiled and nodded, not trusting his voice to say anything at the moment.

Lucy smiled back and pulled away from the hug, giving him a kiss on the lips.

"You're so worth it."