#22: Rewrite The Stars (Songfic)

Information:

1) Fluff/ Angst
___________________________
^^^Inspiration^^^

Cue song
~Natsu's POV~
"You know I want you." My quiet whisper rang out through the empty guildhall we stood in.

"It's not a secret I try to hide."

She turned around and looked at me with sad eyes.

"I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied." I urged her.

She smiled sadly and continued to walk out the guild.

"You claim it's not in the cards, and fate is pulling you miles away, and out of reach from me." I stalked towards her and stretched my arm out to grab her, but she jerked her arm away.

"But you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?" I looked her in eyes, and I could tell she was about to break.

"What If we rewrite the stars, say you were made to be mine." I softly took her by the hand and led her away.

"Nothing could keep us apart, you'd be the one I was meant to find." Tears we're building up in her eyes.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be." I pulled her close to me and pressed her up against my chest.

"So why don't we rewrite the stars?" I asked her.

"Maybe the world could be ours tonight." I whispered in her ear and she smiled lightly.

She pushed her hands against my chest and faced me, staring into my eyes.

"You think it's easy. You think I don't want to run to you." She said to me.

"But there are mountains, and there are doors that we can't walk through." She pushes herself off my chest and faced away from me, running to the guild doors.

"I know you're wondering why, because we're able to be just you and me within these walls." She opens the doors and looks over her shoulder. I'm running towards her, and I stand beside her.

"But when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all." She looks up at the sky.

"No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine?" She reaches out and pretends to grab a star, bringing it down and placing her closed fist on her chest.

"Everything keeps us apart, I'm not the one you were meant to find." She looks at me with teary eyes.

"It's not up to you, it's not up to me, when everyone tells us what we can be." She smiles sadly and a tear rolls down her cheek.

"How can we rewrite the stars, say that the world could be ours tonight?" She stretches out her hand and waves it across the sky, showing me that the stars won't move.

I grabbed her waist and turned her to look at me.

"All I want is to fly with you, all I want is to fall with you, so just give me all of you!" I'm twirling her around in circles, and she clings to me tightly.

"It feels impossible!" She bangs her fist against my chest.

"It's not impossible!" I try to reassure her.

"Is it impossible?" She asks me.

"Say that it's possible!" We look at each other and I grab her arm, running off and dragging her away with me.

"How do we rewrite the stars, say you were made to be mine?" I stop running and link our hands together.

"Nothing can keep us apart, 'cause you are the one I was meant to find." We start to dance under the moonlight.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be!" The moonlight is illuminating our path, and we're soon dancing barefoot on the grass.

"And why don't we rewrite the stars, changing the world to be ours..." We stop singing and Lucy Heartfilia pulls away.

She gently cups my cheek with one hand, making me nuzzle into her soft hand.

"You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide." She starts to shed tears and they fall one by one.

"But I can't have you." She turns away and starts to walk off.

"We're bound to break and my hands are tied..." And I'm left standing there, watching her golden locks swish along her back as she walks away from me.
___________________________
Song:
Rewrite The Stars - Zac Efron & Zendaya (The Greatest Showman)